Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

ICE UPDATE

19 posts in this topic

Hi guys,
Can you please give us an ice update?
How much? How far out? The Bite?
I know it's been good and cold up there, we're looking to come up a bunch this year.

There is about 10 inches of ice where we put our houses about 3 miles out, the bite has been slow but should pick up some with more people to look for them.

------------------
West Wind
Waskish, MN
218-647-8998

no one is driving cars out yet, it should be soon though. Ill keep you updated when.

------------------
West Wind
Waskish, MN
218-647-8998

ScottS,
An S10 could work real good. Years ago when Hillman's dropped their "bug" through with the V-plow on they set a house up over it until the ice got thick enough to get it out of the lake. They decided that the best fishing was right outside the drivers window. grin.gif

------------------
Waskish Minnow Station
218-647-8652

LOL-Kelly

Hopefully after everyone gets out of the vehicle they leave the windows down and get a GPS Coordinate on it. Good Cover!!

They make a good crib, sept for the gas & oil. Don't forget to throw the minnows out
thir spensiv.

PUTZ

------------------
just cross this line------

is there crappie in the tailpipe. If so I hear Busch Light cleans ya out real fast the next morning

thanks alot for info, but the humor, whooa, maybe i'll just bring the nieghbor kids big wheel and pedal out! if you see me , look the other way please, later

AAHH come on rigaman somebody has to be first to see if the ice is good. smile.gif I do like the Big Wheel idea. Doesn't it just cause a smile to imagine jigglestick heading across the lake on a Big Wheel. grin.gif Compass on the handle bars and his auger bouncing along behind. Maybe a pair of goggles also. cool.gif

------------------
Waskish Minnow Station
218-647-8652

rigaman, basically what the humor was saying is 10 inches probably isn't enough for a Blazer. No one is going to tell you it is. That is for you to find out yourself.

I like the Big Wheel idea though. If you talk nice maybe Kelly will let you borrow his. He usually parks it at West Wind. It is the one with the extra set of training wheels on grin.gif

I just checked Rogers resort site and he drove the f-150 with the plow out yesterday.

I won't get a chance to wet a line until Christmas break - so be sure to save a few fish for me!

Clueless - -

Cluless,

I was wondering what the web address for Rogers Resort site is?

yote--

just do a search for rogers campground

hey clueless, did he drive it back in?

Rogers web site said he found a fish finder out on the ice call him to identify