• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

The Truth About The Fishing!!

W.W.BarTender

Well I thought I would in-form everybody about the fishing so far. Yes there are people fishing on the lake but they are only going about a mile out at the most. There is about 5 inches or so at the most. The fishing has been very slow right now. They can only get to 8 feet of water or so. There is still some thin ice out further so it is not to safe to go very far out. With the cold weather its making a little more ice every night so it should not be to long before ATV's will be out there. I hope this helps.

------------------
West Wind
Waskish, MN
218-647-8998

Thanks much for the report. Sounds like we'll just wait till Thanksgiving weekend. Should be safe to get to deep water by then.

Hey Kelly my dad made me post other wise I would be posting now. Oh wait I am posting now.

------------------
West Wind
Waskish, MN
218-647-8998

The way I feel some mornings what we might may need is NO bartender. grin.gif
Not a huge buck but nice. Grey curly hair all over his head and even the tenderloins were tough enough to grow in your mouth. I'm so happy I passed up the little ones for him. Looks like a lot of jerky this winter.
The really big one came past Mindy and Littly Italy the morning of the 2nd day. Stood broadside in 4, yes 4 different firing lines. In each case by the time Little Italy snapped Mindy out of her hangover and told her to shoot it was gone. Not even one shot was fired at it. What the heck,,, the most fun ones are the ones that make a fool of us and get away. smile.gif

------------------
Waskish Minnow Station
218-647-8652

Hey Kelly, was that last line directed at me? I guess not. Just my paranoia flaring up once again. Did I really meet NINETOES last winter or was he a figment of our collective imaginations?
Check out the ice fishing main forum. I posted one of my stories under the 1st ice story thread. Its a long one but most of mine usually are. Take care and hope to see you in a couple of months.

codeman

[This message has been edited by codeman (edited 11-20-2002).]

Good story! smile.gif Brings us all a reminder of the "Iceman Jinx" and the fact that it will soon be starting all over again. Maybe we should team Iceman with NINETOE? That should good for some great action. hehehehehe

------------------
Waskish Minnow Station
218-647-8652

Im strictly fishing for spot tail shinners this year and the out look is HOT!

------------------

NINETOE, You might want to be careful if you get a bucket of them spot tails. What if Duck-o-holic sees a bucket of them late at night? That would be an ugly sight wouldn't it!!!! grin.gif

------------------
Waskish Minnow Station
218-647-8652

Wait till you see the pictures of "Dancing Bear" showing W.W. how to give CPR to a Teddy Bear. He is a character. Some day when we're together you'll have to have NINETOE tell you about the day they faked a fight and blew every gasket I had.

------------------
Waskish Minnow Station
218-647-8652

Yep, thats the idea! He'd probably think its better than hot pizza. He said that his tattoos needed a touch up so he's gonna come back up! wink.gif

------------------

Those would make a good "priceless" commercial. Bring on the ice man!!

Kelly should start a "Priceless" section on the Waskish Minnow Station web site. I think I have a few pictures I could send.

The best part is we'll be back for more fun this year.

The wind did not do a lot to the ice, it just blew the snow around. The cold weather this week should be a plus. Baitco was out on Saturday and got a few pike, but the ice was still thin in places.

------------------
West Wind
Waskish, MN
218-647-8998

Kelly--

I've never done a whole bucket. But I DID get kicked out of a restaurant for DEMANDING a basket of Spot Tails and Fries! Guess they thought I was drunk, and didn't know what I was talking about... they were sure right on one of the two accusations at least!! smile.gif

ScottS and NINETOE-- Just remember... I'm a pretty good artist too! As for my smoker: It may not be very big, but I only use it a couple of times a year, so who cares! Cheaper than going to the Meat Market too!

Duck-o-holic

PS-- Maybe West Winds should look into serving beer battered Spot Tail baskets??? With a beer chaser of course!!!

Hey Kelly email me the pictures of me reviving boo boo! Have not seen them yet and since you won't answer my emails figured I'd try you on the forum. WI deer was slow this weekend going back up for Wed-Friday and then it's off to TX to where the big ones play! Any idea as to when Bear season is going to be this year? See you in December, figure out where they are before I come up will you? DB

------------------

I will not have to e-mail them to you cause as soon as I catch up a litle bit they are going on the website. grin.gif
I'm way behind on e-mails and most everything else. frown.gif

------------------
Waskish Minnow Station
218-647-8652

Understand! Miss you guys, looking forward to getting together again. See you in December sometime. Probably the 20th-21st weekend. The housing situation looks scary though, any place to stay around there then?

Dancing Bear-- if you cant find a place open up there check us out on the Fishing MN forum under used gear for sale

Dancing Bear,

It's really a nice place to stay. The tattoo's and smokes are free. Come to think of it, even the minnows are free! Can't wait to visit there again myself!!

Duck-o-holic