• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

When, When, When???

The way it looks out there you will be able to walk out soon but this is deer season who can think of anything else.

Halad,
If you aren't using your dog this weekend, I would be happy to take it off your hands. It would be a nice "guide dog" out on the ice. The dog and I would have the lake to ourselves. By the way, how many lines in the water is the dog allowed? Has it mastered the use of a hand auger yet?

Good luck out in the woods this weekend.

codeman

So if I am planning a trip up there on the 21st of Nov I should be ok? Also, I have never been able to get up there on early ice, it has always been late in the season when we drive miles out there so do I need to bring the 4 wheeler or can I walk a short distance to find fish?

Thanks for all the info guys and gals!

You better call up here before you come up you may or may not be able to walk out. It takes a lot of cold weather to make good ice and the wind is constantly moving it around. After Dec. 1st. is probably a better bet. Hey Cody the dog isnt that dumb lots of open water out there see you after xmas.

Halad
I will be in Backus the first week of the year again. If the ice is drivable, I'll be hitting Winnie again a couple of days. If your schedule is open then, maybe you can make it this time. I'll keep in touch as the time draws nearer.

codeman

Cody, i dont know how i did it but i dumped my address book, send me the email address you want me to use.