Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BLACKJACK

Things to do and see in Waskish area? Trails?

11 posts in this topic

Going to be camping at Rogers over the Memorial Day weekend, looking for some things
to do with the wife in between fishing or on
big wind days when we get blown off the lake (not worried about rainy days - thats tent
time smile.gif ).

Any ideas on interesting places
to see, any trails to hike? Was out to the URL website, they mentioned the proposed Big Bog state park, any trails developed yet? Any good birdwatching spots?

Any ideas would be appreciated. Looks like the fishing is picking up, getting pumped!!

Blackjack, excellent question for this section. I'd like to come up that way too sometimes but get the old "what's there to do up there besides fishing?" from the wife.

Any antique stores? Museums?

Paul Bunyans grave

There's Halad's Wonder Dog.

Don't forget the rock quarry. If it's nice, you could take her skinny dippin'!

grin.gif

Any dumps or other places to check out the bears??

The only other thing is to let her off north of the lake and have her walk through the swamp all the way to Baudette.

That'll take a while.

Guess by all of these type replies you get the message. Best she likes to fish.!!

Oh, Anderson Fabrics in Blackduck used to offer tours of their facility...very interesting place.

blackjack, take her to west wind and get
$#!t faced!that's allways a hoot. just a thought---------jigglestick---------

BLACKJACK,
Check out the Shopping in Waskish Topic.
When you say rainy days are "tent days" that mean we should all come visit? smile.gif
If you ride ATV's there are a lot of places to ride.
For hiking 3 miles south of Waskish and just NE of the #72 and County 110 junction is high ground with a lot of small roads/trails to walk.
Check out the eagle nest across from Dad's driveway. The other day I thought I saw one of the little ones head as it was being fed but I am not sure.
If NINETOE is up it's fun to stop by his place about 8-9 in the morning and make a lot of noise. You'll get to hear a lot moaning and groaning if you can get him to start to wake up. grin.gif

------------------
Waskish Minnow Station
218-647-8652

Hey Kelly, you know better than that! Ill still be up from the previous night, and theres always warm Hamms and fresh shinner minnows for everyone!!!!!

------------------
...Hail The Flashlight King....

Thanks for the replies guys. Kelly, I decided we're camping in a different spot because I'm counting on some 'rain' time!!! smile.gif Jiggle, thats an idea, but we're not the party animals that we used to be. Now I knew that I could get her drunk and horny, it would be an idea, but I'm afraid she'd just go to sleep on me.

Boat is hitched up, as soon as I get thru this little thing called work, we're on the road. I'm psyched! Crappie heaven, here we come!