Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
BLACKJACK

Things to do and see in Waskish area? Trails?

BLACKJACK    3
BLACKJACK

Going to be camping at Rogers over the Memorial Day weekend, looking for some things
to do with the wife in between fishing or on
big wind days when we get blown off the lake (not worried about rainy days - thats tent
time smile.gif ).

Any ideas on interesting places
to see, any trails to hike? Was out to the URL website, they mentioned the proposed Big Bog state park, any trails developed yet? Any good birdwatching spots?

Any ideas would be appreciated. Looks like the fishing is picking up, getting pumped!!

Dave    3
Dave

Blackjack, excellent question for this section. I'd like to come up that way too sometimes but get the old "what's there to do up there besides fishing?" from the wife.

Any antique stores? Museums?

DT    0
DT

Paul Bunyans grave

Surface Tension    265
Surface Tension

There's Halad's Wonder Dog.

swamptiger    1
swamptiger

Don't forget the rock quarry. If it's nice, you could take her skinny dippin'!

grin.gif

don62    0
don62

Any dumps or other places to check out the bears??

bankdick    0
bankdick

The only other thing is to let her off north of the lake and have her walk through the swamp all the way to Baudette.

That'll take a while.

Guess by all of these type replies you get the message. Best she likes to fish.!!

Oh, Anderson Fabrics in Blackduck used to offer tours of their facility...very interesting place.

jigglestick    0
jigglestick

blackjack, take her to west wind and get
$#!t faced!that's allways a hoot. just a thought---------jigglestick---------

kelly-p    283
kelly-p

BLACKJACK,
Check out the Shopping in Waskish Topic.
When you say rainy days are "tent days" that mean we should all come visit? smile.gif
If you ride ATV's there are a lot of places to ride.
For hiking 3 miles south of Waskish and just NE of the #72 and County 110 junction is high ground with a lot of small roads/trails to walk.
Check out the eagle nest across from Dad's driveway. The other day I thought I saw one of the little ones head as it was being fed but I am not sure.
If NINETOE is up it's fun to stop by his place about 8-9 in the morning and make a lot of noise. You'll get to hear a lot moaning and groaning if you can get him to start to wake up. grin.gif

------------------
Waskish Minnow Station
218-647-8652

NINETOE    0
NINETOE

Hey Kelly, you know better than that! Ill still be up from the previous night, and theres always warm Hamms and fresh shinner minnows for everyone!!!!!

------------------
...Hail The Flashlight King....

BLACKJACK    3
BLACKJACK

Thanks for the replies guys. Kelly, I decided we're camping in a different spot because I'm counting on some 'rain' time!!! smile.gif Jiggle, thats an idea, but we're not the party animals that we used to be. Now I knew that I could get her drunk and horny, it would be an idea, but I'm afraid she'd just go to sleep on me.

Boat is hitched up, as soon as I get thru this little thing called work, we're on the road. I'm psyched! Crappie heaven, here we come!