Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lowe

Question???

7 posts in this topic

Go back a few pages on the forum to "Another Year Class". There's some info in there - Lowe

Does anyone catch small crappies on Red? Fish in the 6-9 inch range? I haven't fished Red that often but all the fish I get seem to be roughly the same size. I was wondering if anyone is getting some smaller fish? Maybe in spring? I guess I am just wondering if there are other year classes present besides the HUGE slabs we got this winter.ScottS

Thanks Lowe, I guess I didn't go back enough pages before I posted!ScottS

You can't catch any 6-9" crappie in Red Lake! Ask the DNR...those fish are from missing year classes or at best "weakly represented". If you need proof ask Jigglestick...I think he caught all 50 or 60 6-9" fish that are in the lake. Nope, just enjoy catching all those big ones, because according to the higher-uppers in St.Paul, all those 6-9" we put back in the lake this winter didn't really exist to begin with! God it feels good to be back on the forum! grin.gif

Ken

BEST BATHROOM WE EVER STAYED IN, DIDNT HAVE TIME TO TAKE NATURES WONDERS, TO MANY OTHER VISITERS TO USE IT WHILE THE BITE WAS ON !!!AWSOME THAT NIGHT

WERE WE IN THE TRIANGLE,, MARK & TIM GUIDED US BACK OUT;;;?

Russ - You were in the triangle!...but you didn't need anyone to "guide" you back out...you could've just followed the trail of gear coming out of Jigglesticks truck! hehehe grin.gif Good Luck! Ken

p.s. Jigglestick - when you read this call me, because as Russ would say ***Snapp-Fizzzzzzz***ahhhhhh!