Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  

Walleyes

I have been reading this almost every day all winter and a few times wanted to say something but havent, maybe my info is wrong but if not something must be done. Can walleyes be speared by residents of Red Lake if they are doing it in the creeks that run into the lake? I was told they can spear ten a day by a friend that was asked if he wanted to by some. (which is to my knowledge still against the law) If this is so something should be changed! When I was young I can remember days of good fihing with my dad on red lake and this winter started taking my daughters there, the fishing was great but cant wait for the walleyes to come back

Freewheeler

I agree with you. I Personally think it stinks and is unethical for Native Americans to legally spear spawning walleyes then head West into the city to sell them. They may have the right to still spear 10 walleyes a day, but even their rules state they are for their own use , but not for sale! Since they are getting them on the downward side side of the dam they probably figure they have no chanceto get back into lower Red Lake and therefore its only our loss downstream and not theirs. With the walleye populations the way they are on the Res you would think they would be smart enough to realize what they are doing to their future stocks of fish. Oh well, NO problem the Minn DNR and us the taxpayer will just buy them some more fry and restock the lake for them !
I will say that if this fish peddaling monger shows up at my place and wants to sell me some fresh fish he'll quickly find out about some of our little unknown rules, like having a vendors license which
is current. I'm not saying this just because I live downstream and I feel he's ruining our future fishing too, but its just plain wrong. As for calling the Red lake Tribal Game & Fish about this their
explanation of " It depends who you are and, where you are" stinks too!