• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Closed roads

kelly-p

After this mornings rain West Wind has closed their road. I see on Jerry's Report that Roger's has also closed. Halad posted that Benz's is closed. I can not be sure but I did hear yesterday that Hudec's was closed and the phone is not being answered.
Mort's closed a couple of days ago. Hillman's is foot traffic only.
If a person wants to walk out there is room to park at the Waskish Beach.
Thanks everyone!!! smile.gif In the years to come we can look back at this year and smile. grin.gif

------------------
Waskish Minnow Station
218-647-8652

it's all just a blur. looking in my glove box at the access tickets, i think i need to get a season pass. hard to believe the ice season is over. like you kelly, i'm oddly looking forward to a break. a release from the grip, from the phenomena that takes hold and doesn't let go until there's no choice but to wait til open water. hard for one who's never been up there to understand. but all it takes is one successful outing to understand fully.a big thank you to every one who helped out myself and every one who i drug along with me. a big thank you to those who finaly made the trip with me, as the best part of going for me, is watching the expressions of disbelief, amazement, and pure child like excitement.what a great year!
will i be back? is a frogs @$$ water tight?
one week before i have to go back to work. time to take advantage of this beautiful weather and see how much my kids have grown. i hear my youngest is walking now.
go live life!!-------jigglestick-------

I imagine that there will be one hell of a party in the Waskish area tonight! Thank you everyone for a wonderful season. A special thanks to Kelly, you know how to take a trip and turn it into an adventure! Now you all deserve to go into hibernation for a while. Later.

I also have to surcome to the fact that this ice season is over.It has left me with many memories that will be with me for the rest of my days.But only to be outdone by events yet to come.I would like to thank all who took part in these memories,and to all who will add to the ones ahead.Thanks to all the new friends I've met this year,you are all the best.Well,enough of this stuff,I'm just waitin for ice again!Best to you all.

Keep settin hook!
Dave(a.k.a Gooseslayer)

Kelly...Just wanted to take a moment to say something I've probably not said enough...."THANKS". You've made mine and alot of other guys fishing fun and easier by busting your @$$. Hope if nothing else we made your long days a little shorter with the laughter from our "tourist" antics. Nough said...now go get some sleep! Ken

p.s. how's Jack? hope he's alright

The end of the year "party" was pretty much Tim and I sitting at the end of the bar and having two drinks each while looking at each other with that deer in the headlights look. Then off to get some sleep. smile.gif After all the people all winter there wasn't even one customer in the bar.
What a year! I met so many great new people this past winter and the worst thing is that it is all like a big blur.
I met "idiot's-son" the last 2 nights. While he may change the name we gave him he fits right in here with the rest of us. You're all gonna like him.
Friday night I shuttled out two guys from Iowa. One's brother had told him if they got their limit in one night and were back the next day that he would, "kiss their A** in the middle of main street at high noon".
I wish I could have been there for the show. smile.gif

------------------
Waskish Minnow Station
218-647-8652

I forgot one thig Kelly, next year i'll bring my own towels!heeheehee

your fish house got its name from us ,but it was well worth the night, dam good spot Kelly put us on; we keep those treasured pics of it

GooseSlayer-it was great to see you and the gang the night the triangle swolled the auger from Jiggles truck; Judys comment later to me was I looked like a kid standing next to you! your one tall drink of water! no wonder you use a 410 to hunt geese; cant remember all the gangs name that were there but say hi to them

We missed the end of the year party? I thought that was it on Friday night...or was it Saturday morning or was it.......God I'm glad I met Ninetoes! grin.gif

See you soon! Ken

The promise on Main Street never took place, he was to busy asking when the fish fry would be. He thought maybe we should go back this weekend, I said sorry, ice gear needs to be packed away, time to shoot some turkeys. I would like to thank Kelly for taking care of us Friday night, it was a long drive but well worth it, that last fix for the year was great. It was great meeting those of you from the forum in West Wind Friday night after fishing, I plan to spend more time there next ice season. Wishing you all a great boat season, I will keep my eye on the forum as first ice approaches, see you then.
Jitz

The end of the ice season may be here , but there is still a lot of fun to be had around Waskish durring open water.

------------------
...the MYSTERY is abound...

Jitz...I hope you mean more time on the lake not in the bar...you'll end up turning out like us! grin.gif hehehe Glad you made it home alright Friday night, what kind of drive is that 7-8 hours? That would've put you in bed about the same time as us! You slid out of the bar just in time...it got crazy right after you left. You sure there isn't anyplace safer to fish between Waterloo and Waskish? Tell your brother we've given him a rain check...it'd be better to see it in person in Waskish next year than the pictures than the pictures now! smile.gif

Good Luck! See you next year!

Ken

It doesn't seem that long ago that I was at URL and they were just letting the trucks go out on the ice for the first time, but 8 trips and 36 friends later the season is over. My last trip was with the family for the week of April 6-12 Wife, son, son's friend, and I made 2 last trips out on to the ice. Mon. the 8th "I am sorry I am so bad at names" but the lady working in the tackle shop at WW gave me perfect direction to get on top of the fish. At 8;30 you couldn't keep them off the line. I quiet after a 1/2 hour just to watch the kids pull in fish after fish. Next days fish fry was the highlight of the year. Same results on Wed. All year and with everyone I brought up to URL, we always had a great time, even when we didn't catch limits. I have enjoyed the area for its hospitality at WW, Hilmans, Sandys and Hudec's. I have a cabin on the river so I don't spend as much time with the locals as I would like, but you have all made each trip a great experience. I have Ice fished, Open water fishing ,fall Northerens were great, Bear Hunted 3 for 4. Deer Hunted 1 for 5. Snowmobiled and Four wheeled. URL is a good as it gets. I will be back the week before opener looking for some spring Crappies. Most of all
THANK YOU!

LABS4ME - We did not drive home that night, we had a room at the Americ Inn in Blackduck, back on the road at 10:00 Saturday morning. I am glad we left Friday night when we did, it had already been a long day. Next ice season we will be looking for lodging closer so we can stay at the bar longer. As far as spending more time there next season, I hope to split my time equally between the hard water and the bar, hate to drive that far and not be socialable. Take care all and be careful in your boats.

Jitz

P.S. That "triangle thing" that seems to go on up there, according to my brother I haven't been quiet right since that trip, do you suppose that comes from being with Kelly-p or you guys in the bar?

FINLANDER.
FOR A CHANGE I WAS ABLE TO OUTFISH MY BOY. BUT THE BEST THING IS I KNOW I OUTFISHED MIKE FOR THE SEASON. I WILL SEE YOU AT OPENER.