Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

? for Kelly P

7 posts in this topic

Hey Kelly I was up on monday and went on from
Benz wasnt sure about the pressure ridge where I would like to fish is closer to W.W
than Benz but Im wondering if I can go across ridge with a six wheeler & trailer
or not or if I even need to go out that far
its three miles from Benz and it will be dark coming off lake and I'm a little
nervous about the ice as I'll probably have
the little woman and my nephew along whats
your best advice? probably fri evening
or maybe sat Thanx for info and the great job
you & the other resorts have done this
winter its been a blast havent gotten to
meet any of the regulars on the forum yet
but maybe soft water or next winter
good luck & be safe! RR

Catch a Crappie

Redrider,

Why not just access the lake from WestWinds? That way you don't have to worry about crossing the ridge and you only have to go out about a mile or so.

------------------
Paul
PWaldow123@aol.com

Well I will if you all think its just as
good over there I just had found my hotspot to be on the other side of the ridge from W.W
is all I guess I had heard that they were doing real good closer to shore so maybe I'll
just give that a try is it real busy or is
there plenty of room where they are getting action? Thanks RR

Catch a Crappie

just a thought. might want to weugh "hotspot" vs. safety, when bringing loved ones or friends on the ice.

K2

we do every time

redrider,
You will not get an ATV across the ridge with out pontoons it's wide and open.
Right now the hot spot seems to be all over the lake. There is no need to even get close to the ridge. We looked for a place to cross even in 3 feet of water but found nothing we felt safe with for the public. Also we decided that there was no need to cross it as the fish seem to be spread all over in the 10 to 12 foot range. Last night I just went about 1/2 mile north of any one else in 11 feet and did fine.
Messing with the ridge or tearing around the lake in the dark blindly is not worth it.
Do not follow weeks old GPS lines like the one guy did into the ridge two years ago. GPS's have no commen sense and cann't tell water from ice.

------------------
Waskish Minnow Station
218-647-8652

That answers my ?s THANKS ALOT
I guess we'll try where you guys are
then. I dont really feel like going
for a dip just yet anyhow little chilly
yet!! SEE YA ON THE SLUSH!!
RR

Catch a Crappie