Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  

What kind of baits are working now?

I'm coming this weekend and just wondering what they have been biting on lately.
(minnows? waxies?)

kslipsinker

Fished Saturday and Sunday last week from 2 to 11 each evening with minnows and glow jigs. Filled out in no time when the sun goes down. The walleye are making their comeback. Caught at least 30, with some very nice ones mixed in. I never thought I would say "Crap, another walleye", but I wasn't the only one fishing in our group to say it. They are very healthy fish. Keeps you occupied waiting for crappies to find your hook. The fishing is hot when it starts.

Baits??? I bet I get critisized for what worked for me....That's the way it goes here....

Use whatever you want...and if it has a big hook..then it's even better...use a medium spoon, a plain hook, a piece of string, a minnow, a wax worm, a maggot...did I mention a piece of string???

Anyone ever notice....the fish don't really care...they just seem to want to eat???

I mentioned once that the fish are hungary...someone had a problem with that!

Well guess what...They must be hungary if they are feeding....I have an FL-8...and if you do too, you will notice the Crappies race for your jig and slam it like it's the last supper....They will come from the bottom to 5 feet in no time to get a meal....and if they miss it...they'll be back.

Ohhh....Let me say...I like to do R&D on my fish....that's Research and Developement....Helps me learn and make myself a better Crappie fisherman....When I clean my Crappies...I cut their stomaches open to see what color they have fed on....and what types of forage they have been eating....Red Lake Crappies....Have had empty tummys...at least in my 3 trips...But I have to remember that means jack squat to these verterans of the lake...3 trips is nothing....although I caught my limit and practiced C&R all three times......It was just dumb luck, but I feel pretty good about it at any rate.

Hey, I love Red Lake...I am an addict...and I will be back....I thank Red Lake and the resort owners for their help, detirmination, and all their efforts to make a trip to the big Pond a positive and enjoyable experience.
Hats off to you guys!

I look forward to dragging the boat their this spring and this summer.

Back to the smaller local lakes for me for now....Ice out has me itching.

Good fishing to all, and above everything, remember...Keep your jig horizontal!

PCG

kelly-p

Last night Tim (WW's Dad) did it again,, a limit with just a demon and no minnow. About 2 weeks ago Chaunce's boy tried to get them with just a minnow on a swivel, he couldn't get them up the hole. smile.gif

------------------
Waskish Minnow Station
218-647-8652

NINETOE

PCG, thier stomachs are not empty. There certainly is no minnows,however, there is a whole lot of other stuff mixed in with the bile. Check it out under a microscope , hint- gill rakers!

------------------
...the MYSTERY is abound...

Kelly_p, I met you Sat. 6th. I was with four other guys and we all caught our limit of slabs.
It was my first time on URL and like the limit that I caught... I'm hooked. I want to bring my Dad up there but won't be able to get away until the 27th or 28th. Should I bring a 4 wheeler or a boat?

------------------

kelly-p

I have no clue. confused.gif Other then Easter Sunday it has been everyday for 4 months around the clock. I do not think anybody reading this would like to be at their job for that long straight. I'm tired and I'm gonna take a nap. smile.gif

------------------
Waskish Minnow Station
218-647-8652