Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Best Over All Jig????

12 posts in this topic

I have found that on Upper Red Lake as in most crappie lakes i fish that the green Demon jigs work the best.I know on the days when the bite is so intense that you could probably throw a hotdog down the hole and land a ton of silverbacks it doesn't really matter but when those slow days come around the glow in the dark white and green Demon seem to work the best.This is a tip for any new comers to the URL fishing mecca.Any other jig favorites please reply.

Well ,,,Ive heard alot about a plain hook with no bait! wink.gif

------------------
...the MYSTERY is abound...

RED or Green [ Frostee ] works great for me.

Orange or pink glow perch hoggers I've always liked. Maynards has some nice simple red glow teardrops that work well too. Extra wt. to get down in a hurry isn't a big deal at URL because of shallow depth.
Most important is keep your lines in order so if the bite gets hot you're not untangling tackle instead of fishing. I need to reread that last sentence myself!

I have been trying some new things up there and have found that the best jig for me has been a genz worm. I have repainted them with orange neon glow paint that glows red.

It's hard to beat a green/glow demon! When I am fishing deep water fast moving schools of crappies a demon just will not cut it. In this situation a heavy jig is a must so you can get it to the fish as fast as possible, if you don't have a heavy jig you can always use a demon with a split shot, but the problem here is tangling your line and missing an opportunity.

Kelly Lake Crappie Killer....Now that Pete C. has come back to AK, those crappies in Kelly Lake can finally breath a breath of relief. Did you hear about his fishing violation???

one thing you might add to your arsenal, is removing the barbs on your jigs. no big secrets here, but i'll bet not to many do it. it has advantages besides the peta related arguments. it allows you to get your jig out of the roof of the fishes mouth faster, and down the hole much faster.how much time have you wasted trying to get a hook lodged in the roof of a crapies mouth out, baited up and back down the hole? i tried it tonight and it worked great, in fact alot of the fish got off by themselves on the ice. only lost two during the battle. not a bad average. just a thought---jigglestick----

Budwiser

Budwiser

A Tube Jig works great as does the infamous Gem n Eye.

When a bare hook without bait isn't working I just stick my head down the hole and grab em with my teeth. hee hee

Good luck

Ukes