• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Is 4 wheel drive a must?

Jerry is reporting only truck traffic out of Roger's. I haven't read anything that says this is the case on the east side. I was up last Friday in the mighty mini-van. I went out of Hudec's. Can anyone tell me if the van could still make it? Or must I continue to bother my friends that own trucks? Thanks in advance.

From the looks of the forecast, I wouldn't bring anything less than 4 wheel drive. Heck, I'm not sure I would go without a 4 wheeler. If it rains heavy, there will be alot of slush and water by the access come saturday night.

I'm planning on leaving for URL around noon. I'm still wondering if people are currently driving out with 2 wheel drive vehicles on the east side. Has the ice become so rutted that I should worry about losing a muffler due to low clearance when getting on and off the lake? I have a hard time believing it would get any slushier today than it was last Friday night. Am I out of line?

i went out of w.w last night. we drove around to find the bridge, crossed the bridge, and proceeded south. the whole way thinking i could do this with my mini-van. there were pockets of slush in places, where it didn't freeze from last week, but not very big. you just didn't want to stop in one. i would recomend a chain, or jerk strap just in case. it just wasn't that bad. i remember what it was like last year at this time-treacherous!---take someone fishing---
have a great time, and watch the weather. the conditions can change fast--be safe--jigglestick--

you should be fine, my father in law drives out with a cutlass cierra front wheel drive just about everyday .fish are biting in waskish!!!!

[This message has been edited by Chaunce (edited 04-06-2002).]

From what I saw coming in last night a 2wd should still be O.K.. But I have also driven many vehicles where I shouldn't have. shocked.gif My judgement may not be the best at times.
I think the rain will be the key. West Wind has room to move the road over 2 or 3 more times yet. That is why the access road looped so far to the north all year,,, so there was room to the south for this time of year.

------------------
Waskish Minnow Station
218-647-8652

Thanks for the info guys. I too remember the ice last year. Fortunately, the people on this site do a great job of keeping people informed and I was prepared for it. Hopefully we won't get much for rain as it's hard to beat fishing in the open on the ice in 40 degree weather. Have a great weekend.

was up yesterday you can go anywhere you want you can even take a pinto on the lake and never spin a tire well it is a little icey but you get what i mean

I guess after today's happenings don't worry about a pick-up just got to get an air boat just when the fixhing was getting awesome