Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

any help please

15 posts in this topic

This will be my 3rd trip to URL , 5 nice fish each time, then nothing. try moving nothing seems to get me on fish. I'm not one to just drive into a crowd and start drilling holes, REALLY looking for some help?
Would just like Find a good bite once. GOOG FISHING
THANKS smile.gif

I was up last weekend and we hit 'em hard. And we did move till we found em. Moved all night Thurs (until the youngster locked the keys in the truck ~ 8pm) ended up breaking a window while trying to pick the lock to get back in, only got in on the end of the bite that night with a few fish since we started fishing again about 10pm. Fri we found em in the same spot and couldn't keep our lines in the water. Went out of West Winds in about 12' of water. If you want some more info shoot me an email asap as I might be up there tomorrow night.
borgos.daniel@luthbro.com
db out.

db-Were you the fellas with the young yellow lab and the green Dodge truck?

------------------
Gonzos Guide Service
http//GonzosGuideService.com

when are you coming up ? might be able to help. no gps

Chaunce, Will be there on sat. & sun for sure,Maybe fri. night if i can leave town early enough. 7 hr drive for me. ANY HELP WOULD REALLY HELP ALOT. THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY
GOOD FISHING

I am coming up for the 2nd time of Friday and Saturday night. I tried once last year and caught one crappie. I am bringing my Dad (who is 75) to get his rod bent hopefully on some big crappies. We could also use any kind of help on where to drive on and how far out to go. Any help would be greatly appreciated. You can direct emails to me at turk802@yahoo.com.
Thanks!!

You got it Tom. Were you one of the guys that stopped by to give us a hand, or are we famous now?

give me a time and should be able to meet at westwind or hillmans. caught alot of fish lastnite let them all go. hate to give out my number. ice is in good shape

Yo Chaunce, good morning. Why are we up at this time of day?

------------------
Waskish Minnow Station
218-647-8652

it's the only quiet time at my house, just thought i might help one or two guys out. before all of thief river gets all the fish ha. ha

Chaunce, Hope to be at ww by 4 pm. Thanks for the reply smile.gif

Chaunce, can we make this a group thing. I'm coming up with some buddies. I've never been there before. My brother was up on the 30th...caught two.

We just got back,and man did we hammer them!There is a few nasty spots out there,so I would advise you to check in at the bait shop at Westwind to get directions.They know where to get on the fish.We Only fished in the evening,at 6 oclock or so.If you don't catch a few within 30 min,MOVE!We moved 3 times,within 100 yards.And bang,Nonstop hogs.Another trick I,ve found,is when your bobber goes under a quarter inch,RIP IT IN THEM.If you let them take it too long,you'll miss every one of them.Good luck and be sure to meet the infamous Kelly-P,that alone is worth the trip in my mind(at least whats left of it after this weekend)
Keep setting hook! Dave

This reply is to the people that don't have much experience on URL.First you need to be fishing about a foot and a half off bottom to 2 feet.WE have done well from about 6:00pm till 10:00pm.Keep glowing those jigs!!!!If you find fish i recommend glowing every 3 minutes or after every slab pulled up..We have been fishing the south end...Green Demons...Head out about a mile.......Good luck to all....Hope you Kill'em....

Where to go?... Just go straight out of WestWind and keep going out until you reach a big wall of ice. Now don't follow any tracks that go right into that ridge, that didn't work for anyone who tried it. wink.gif
Make sure and fish near that if you can and still be alone. Alone is the key. If it is to crowded by the ridge, find the bridge and cross. Make sure it is still safe (west wind should know) and keep going after the ridge until you shake the crowd. Solo?, start hole poppin' and then you'll be bobber rockin'. smile.gif Big bodie of water, find a lonely spot and try it. I would say maybe a 20 minute time limit (after dark that is) and if none by 20 minutes, move. Good luck.

------------------
Amartin@adamsnutandbolt.com