• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I set the bar too high!

Hey eyewitness. That's a might fine report. I
am taking up a couple of mentally challenged
kids to go fishing and sure would like to have them tie into a few of them crappers.
Where were you fishing? Thanks buddy.

Iceholer2 email me at ([email protected]) and I'll give you more details. Also, I stopped at 400 fish only to see if I could do it. It'll probably never happen again....

Eyewitness, wow that is amazing and by the way happy April Fools Day. There is no way in hell that you caught 400 fish in 3.75 hours. That would be a fish every 56 seconds non-stop, and you had time to drill another hole yah right. Keep the jokes off and list real reports

Milkdud said what I was going to say, only maybe a little more harshly. It comes out to one crappie every 32 seconds. That includes taking them off the hook, lowering the bait down, reeling them in, weighing them, taking a drink, taking a pee, drilling another hole, etc.

Catching even 100 crappies in less than four hours would be a heck of a feat for one guy. 400? Give me a break. Are you the same guy who caught the 56-inch northern?

Don't insult our intelligence by posting such nonsense.

I'm tending to believe you. I've had it that fast but not for so long. If ya all ain't pullin' my leg I woulda had fun just baiting yur hook and watching.

Take a look at his profile,He's a salesman so ya Know he's full of ****!!Don't get to excited Eyewitness,just having alittle fun!

Keep Jiggin'

Jigster

Suite yourselves. I was there. I counted them. And I was laughing my a$$ off the whole time. I told you, I've never experienced anything like it in my life. The fish were still pounding my jig like that when I left. At LEAST 2-3 fish per minute. I quit because it was getting really late and I told myself that when I hit 400 I was done. I KNOW it sounds incredible, because it was. I have no reason to lie about it. I've caught more big fish in my life and had plenty of incredible days on the water in the last 30 years to realize what happened last night. I just thought I'd share the experience, take it or leave it. Being by myself I had no distractions and after I realized that I was playing a serious #'s game, I was like a well oiled machine. Maybe it was that it was quiet out there, maybe it was the impending weather conditions, I really don't know. All I know is that what happened was real whether you believe me or not. There are always ney sayers and scoffers in the world. I used to work with a bunch. That's why I take lots of pictures......

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Hey this is possible. One fish every 45 seconds. Im gonin to try it.
Greg you can bait my hook.
Fish-on you can get me beer's cuz I wont have time to. We could get your daughter to use the Clicker to keep count of the fish.
Milkdud you need a clicker to count the beer.

Eyewitness you can be the Eyewitness.
JIGSTER you can look at our profiles.
Halads dog can drive us home.

Eyewitness

Congratulations. Don't let the skeptics get to you. Unless they experience that type of bite they are not likely to believe. I have had some very good nights on Red this year, and one truly exceptional bite. Kelly P knows where I was about two weeks ago when I went through a full scoop of minnows between 7:30 and 9pm. I lost count at 38, but I am sure I caught over 100 fish. Out one hole, down the other. Sometimes up to six or eight a minute

I had more fun than anyone has a right to, and if I had not run out of ninnows I probably would have kept at it all night. I don't know how you could have kept count, I had trouble when I gave up counting at 38.

I have taken my limit in an hour several times, but this bite was much more aggressive. I hope everyone gets a chance to see or be part of that at least once.

Roger

N4652E thanks for the acknowledgement. Like I said in my other post, I was using plastic and no minnows most of the time. It was just too easy. Plus 6# mono and basically my walleye rig. They were up the hole in about three cranks. You're right. Unless you've been on a bite like that it's hard to describe.....Surface Tension, thanks for brightening my day. I want to fish with you sometime. I have no doubt that there are NO dull moments around your hole.....

"I have no doubt that there are NO dull moments around your hole..... "
Ahh thanks I think. I might need a 360 degree transducer to watch my back side. grin.gif

On Red Lake it is certainly possible to plant your ass right on top of a school of very aggressive crappies! What I don't understand is, why even try to catch 400 crappies? Why waste your time and stress the fish just to say that you did so? I have caught 20-30 fish in a hour on Red and weeded the smaller fish out while I was working on a limit and caught a few extras just for fun, but 400 fish. The nice thing is that pulling all those fish up from 9-12 feet is no big deal, but let me ask you this?
Who here would catch and release 400 fish for fun if they were fishing in 35' of water? In this situation the mortality rates would be through the roof just because someone wanted to have fun. I have no gripes about doing this in shallow water, but please if any of you ever encounter this situation in deep water or water deeper than 20 feet please reconsider.

I believe you hammered the fish but what I wanted to know is how did you anticipate bringing out at least 12 scoops of minnows that's my big question???

I believe he said he caught most of them with plastics, which makes this quite a bit more likely. I agree 400 sounds impossible, but red lake is simply unique in every way. I think he caught a ton of fish. I don't know about 400, but catching 4 a minute in 14 ft. with plastics is entirely possible. I seriously doubt you are stressing these fish to any extent in 14 ft. of water with the quick catch and release he had to be doing.

I fished from 8:15 till 12:00 midnight last night and I have done wore myself out. I only punched one hole and using a glow red jig with a blue/orange tube jig caught 400 crappies last night. This is no BS! I have NEVER experienced anything like it. I must have parked right in the middle of a mega school. They were so agressive that as a test, I actually was able to jig one or two of them right up into the bottom of my hole before they hit. Using my digital scale, the average fish was between 1lb and 1.3lbs, with my biggest at 1.7lbs and quite a few at 1.4lbs. I drilled another hole about 5 ft. away and just did the "up one hole, down another" until I just couldn't do it anymore. I kept telling myself that when the bite slowed to one fish per minute I would quit and it just never slowed down. I've never even caught walleyes this way in northern Ontario before, and I fish there a lot. All I can say is that my back, knees, arms, and landing hand are in pain today. I'm gonna have to wait a few days just to go back. I need a rest. Has anyone else out there experienced this kind of bite yet? Is the ice out bite in open water like this? Now, if I can just focus on work........

KellyLakecrappiekiller....I grew up a half mile from the Hibbing tac dyke. I know half that town and I am sure I know you. What's your name?

I terrorized KL for the first 18yrs. of my life a great place to grow up.

Better watch your words boys, I know it's possible. Been there myself. If you don't believe Eyewitness then don't believe. Too bad some of you have never experienced fishing on Red Lake like that, keep jigging and someday you will.

------------------
Gonzos Guide Service
http//GonzosGuideService.com

Fish-on, For the sake of your son,daughter and wife dont buy a lie detector. grin.gif

Surface tension you win the award for making me laugh out loud the first time today! Good one.

Tom I didn't say it wasn't possible. I said it didn't happen. I say this guy's a liar and I'm calling him out. Let's see how he takes it.

I have to believe eyewitness. I had the same experience with Jumbo Perch on winnie. My brother inlaw and I fished the same hole the action was so fast. I'd pull one out and he'd drop down, he'd have one out by the time I had my hook ready then my turn. 8ft of water and one right after the other as fast as you could pull them.the bait wouldn't even get all the way down. Get into the middle of a school of 1000's of hungry fish and shallow water and you'll have that. Good Fishing.

I think it's possible, so I won't say it didn't happen.

Highly unlikely, though...I'd have to be there to really believe.

I don't think I'll go through the trouble of the lie detectors, etc., though. Sounds like about as much work as catching 400 crappies...I guess I'm just not that ambitious - remember, fishing is supposed to be fun. cool.gif

Gee Fish-on, sure must be nice to be the know all, do all, of the fishing world. Due to the fact that I was by myself and that I WAS pulling about 3-4 fish per minute up out of the hole, it was rather easy to keep count. Some things you should know. First off I was using my walleye rig with 6lb mono, which allowed me the luxury of having them up the hole in about three or four cranks of the reel. Second, I used a 1/16 oz jig with a plastic tube and didn't need to rebait every time I pulled a fish up. This also allowed me to get my line straight back down the hole as fast as possible. Had the fish not been biting as agressively as they were, I've no doubt that I wouldn't have caught that many. The schools of crappies on Red can be enormous and I just must of been in the right place at the right time and it's a night I won't ever forget. As far as responding to your calling me a liar, seems to me I just went to a service last Sunday that dealt with that subject pretty heavily.....Easter. Sorry you can't comprehend that something could happen that doesn't compute to you, however judging someone else is pretty strong stuff in my book. Hope you have a better day. Better yet, I hope you get to experience a fishing outing somewhere, sometime that puts you in the same position. Good day sir.

Eyewitness, I have to apologize for I am the one that kinda started this whole thing. I am glad that you had a fishing outing that you will never forget. I know that the action can be fast and furious at times. 400 seems like a lot of fish landed in 3.75 hours but who cares you had fun!! Enough said!!