Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Open Water?

2 posts in this topic

I was out over Easter weekend and we had a spot set on our gps that was about 3 and a half miles out. We only went about 2 miles out when we saw two trucks turn around. They stopped and told us that they thought the heave had collapsed into the middle. My dad pulled up to it and I hopped out of the truck, it looked like it wasn't open but that it had collapsed to the middle of the heave. We turned around also and decided to just fish about 2 miles out. It looked to me like a sarge stream flowing over the ice. I was just wondering why they didn't put up any cones or anything to warn people about it. But I was also wondering if there was another way to get across or if anybody knows about this. We came off Hudac's and noticed it. Thanx!

It sounds like you are talking about the new pressure ridge that followed the old "Norske Nest" road. I just noticed it 2 days ago but I had not fished on that part of the lake since January so I do not know when it happened.

------------------
Waskish Minnow Station
218-647-8652