Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  

gofishingtom

going up to point of pines resort next weekend for 4 days of fishing. never fished the lake before. looking for information on the lake and what areas to try and fish.Haven't had much luck finding a map of lake.is this lake attached somehow to leech or not and what kind of fishing can i expect mainly looking for walleyes but pike will do too. any help would be appreciated.

Tom, have fished Leech many times, but have never fished Kabekona. I can tell you though that it is connected to Leech.<P>Paul<BR>PWaldow123@aol.com

AJ

The connection (river) to Leech is long, narrow, shallow, and weedy. You would need a canoe or duck boat to navigate with the low water we are having. A fun trip, if you have the time and equipment. Use a paved road and trailer if you want to fish leech. Launch at the ramp between Kabekona Bay (Leech) and the main lake. Kabekona lake is clear, sandy, and beautiful. Fishing is decent (I have heard). I am pretty sure there is a Lakemap brand map for that lake.

I thought Kabekona was attached to Leech, but looking at a (crappy) map it doesn't appear to be connected. If my memory serves me right, I thought there is a shallow river that will take you from Benedict Lake (another lake attached to Leech) to Kabekona. I could be wrong. <P>

Gofishleech

I grew up fishing Kabekona lake. Deep clear and not the best fishing in the area. If your looking for real trophy walleye it is a good bet.<P>I have not fished it recently but this time of year the humps should hold some fish. I have caught most of my bigest walleyes during mid day on the humps. Also the last hour of daylight may produce some eyes.<P>In my younger years (when the amount of sleep I got was not an issue)I caught lots of walleyes trolling shallow water at night.<P>As for the northern, I don't know but I would fish the north west in of the lake.<P>If you need more info e-mail me and I can get you started.<P>Tom Wilson

Fished Kabekona the last of July and the first part of August. Caught lots of 24 to 28 in walleyes. Most of them caught at night using the shallow running rapaplas in the flats. Also caught some on the northwest side by the rushes also at night. Another place in the sunken islands with slip bobbers and leeches. Had lots of fun with my kids in the early morning casting in the northwest corner with spoons and jigging with big minnows for northerns. lots of weeds by the white cabin by the northwest corner another good place to cast and jig with minnows. Trolling on the North side of the lake was fun for northerns caught a lot with the doctor spoon. There is a lake connected to Kabekona that has lots of northerns and smallmouths also a good place to go casting with bass spinners. I Think you can get to leech from kabekona but it will take you awhile. I have stayed at Pine Aire and Browns Silverbeach. My father in law has been going there since the early 40's. My wife has been going there since she has been a baby. Even spent my honeymoon at the lake at my wife's request. I have had lots of fun at the lake and I can't wait until next year. Good luck.

husker4u9899

Benedict and Kabekona Bay are connected by a river. Decent depth I have a 20' IO and have no problems. Comes into Kabekona Bay right beside Bailey's Resort. Kabekona River comes into Kabekona Bay on the Northwest cornor of Kabekona Bay on the other side of Bailey's Resort. Have taken my boat up 3/4 mile in June and that's it. WEEDS.<BR>Have caught nice Northern in the river, however. I also have launched at the ramp just outside of Kabekona Bay right by the bridge. Good ramp and parking. Good fishing