• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I am heading either to Leech or Mille Lacs on Friday for some Musky Fishing and I am wondering if anyone knows which of the lakes would be better?<P>Hope someone can help me out thanks.<p>[This message has been edited by Mr. B (edited 08-23-2001).]

Stop at Mille Lacs and work the North end.<BR>Have been taking fish on the sand inside the weed. Through spinner baits in past them (you can usually see them) and slowly roll them out near the head if possible. Sometimes they almost need to be hit in the head but it works.<BR>Leech<BR>Start looking in the pencil weeds. There has been some active fish in these areas. Also check out the rocks. Have taken some small fish out there and lost some nice ones.<BR>They arn't super agressive yet.

Terry,<P>Thanks for the info, we fished Leech and saw some small fish out on the rocks very early in the morning.

Terry, thanks again for keeping us all informed. When you say pencil weeds, are you speaking about these shallower areas on weed flats and sandy shores? I am conditioned to fish structure and cabbage at Leech so it is hard for a guy to learn a new style. What sort of area with reeds, is a good one? Could you give me an idea of the type of place you would cast and what sort of baits? I know of many places with pencil reeds but could use some coaching to identify those where the muskies relate a bit better. Soft bottom, sand bottom, near a point, near a drop off, in a weed flat, etc.? Thanks for the help.

AJ,<BR>I have fished alot of the pencil weeds (Bull rushes) and found some to be more consistant than others.<BR>It's really a matter of just spending time on the water. They are located along shorelines, out in the open, near rocks, drop offs. This is not a new pattern for Leech in August or Sept.<BR>We have been doing this for a number of years. The big thing is just getting out and trying diffrent areas. Note: look for areas near heavly abused areas. These fish will slink off and lay low out of everyones casts.<BR>Terry<BR>Terry's Guide Service<BR>