Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Lund 18

10 Day Forecast

Lund 18

Sandee

Ten Day forecast look pretty good for melting ice on the river. I think I read somewhere last year you said if it's above 20 degrees during the day and 10 degrees at night the ice will melt. Did I dream this or is this correct? I realize this is only a forecast and the people putting out the forecast get paid if it's correct or not. Lets hpe they are correct, I've got cabin fever pretty bad.
Lund 18

Sandee

LUND - thanks for asking!!

Once the river starts to melt it will continue to melt with mid 20's + daytime temperatures, and overnights 10 and above. We have moving water under the ice on the Rainy River, and once the snow starts to melt on top, this is added weight.

It helps if these warm days are sunny, although it will melt without sunshine. This is would a slower melt, of course. We hope it will be a slow melt, as not to cause run off into the feeder rivers, which could create havoc in the Rainy.

Cabin fever is hitting hard here - we will be checking open water conditions soon!!

------------------
www.clementsonresort.com
Fishing on the Rainy River
Fishing Reports