• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

WONDERING WHO WILL BE UP FISHING THIS WEEKEND? LET'S ENJOY THE WEATHER AND THIS WONDERFUL FISHERY. LAST WEEKEND WAS A TOUGH ONE FOR US, SO I'M COMING BACK UP FRI, SAT, AND SUNDAY. WHAT'S BEEN THE BEST TECHNIQUE FOR EVERYONE? THANKS AGAIN SANDEE AND RICK FOR ALL THE WORK YOU PUT INTO EVERY SEASON. SEE YOU ON THE WATER...

I was on the river yesterday, caught about 30 fish biggest was 27" heard a lot of reports of "100" fish and lots of 10 lbers. Most boats around us had about the same action. It will get better the next couple of days. Lots of sturgeon in the river right now, I talked with a group of 4 guys anchored and using big gear they boated 37 sturgeon largest was 60" and 44 lbs

YUP, I'M HEADED BACK UP SCOOT. I'LL MAKE SURE TO LET YOU KNOW HOW WE DO. SAVE SOME NIGHTS ON THE RIVER IN TOWN FOR ME, WE'LL GIVE THOSE RODS A TRY ALSO. WEATHER WILL BE ALOT DIFFERENT THIS GO AROUND.

Look for us tomorrow afternoon out on the Rainy! We be in a 16 footer!

Fishing so far has been good between Vidas and Frontier, some are reporting good luck near Birchdale.

Birchdale good for big boats, Frontier now has gravel over the ramp, helps some, although smaller boats recommended yet. Vidas is open this afternoon.

Watch for dead-heads! Levels are low, rock structures are now out of the water that previously were under 6' of water. You may have to slow you speed on the river to maintain the integrity of your motor and prop!!

------------------
www.clementsonresort.com

Heading up tomorrow night. Fishin on saturday and sunday.(work thing prohibits any earlier)We will be in a black 1800 PRO V with a 90 Honda tiller. Red G-Lomis "FEAR NO FISH" decal on each side. Pull up and say high if you are in the area. Good luck to everyone and be careful of the low water!

I'm headed up in the morning with my son and am going to hit it again on Saturday with a couple of buddies. It's an easy day trip at only 150 miles from my front door to the landing at Birchdale. I'll be in a 16 ft brown camo Lund with a brown camo 25 hp Johnson on the back.

Bummer Scoot frown.gif . Do you think the little rascal is going to show me up again???? I hope he does smile.gif .

Hey Widetrack - what are you driving?

Swampbuck - If you don't mind me asking, where did you guys land??? I don't know if I should put in at Birchdale or if I should continue on to Vidas.

I'll check back before I leave.

I wonder how long it will take me to get to sleep tonight confused.gif .

------------------
Crank the Shank!

How come you get to go back up and I don't??? I wish I could join you up there, but I'm locked in here this weekend. Oh-well, I'll have to catch my piggy locally! Popped a 6.5 the night before last. Looking for one twice as big as her.
Scoot

I will be up on Sunday and Monday. 19" Marathon with 150 and 15 on the back. Phil painted on the side. Chnl 11 on marine band. Thanks again to Sandee and Rick for the great info on the river. See ya on the water!

I will be up on Sunday and Monday. Will be in a 19' Marathon with a 150 and 15 Evenrudes on the back. Phil painted on one side and Gwen on the passenger side. Chnl 11 on the marine band. Thanks also to Sandee and Rick for the great info on the river. See ya on the water!

Dr. Bob,

I wish I could join you guys. I hate to admit it, but personally, I'd love to see Jake nail another biggun!
Scoot

I'm heading up tonight.This is my first trip to the river. I am taking my father for his first trip also. I enjoy every minute of the trip with him, from prep to eating the fish. I grew up fishing out of his boat now it is my turn to repay him. Theres nothing better than seeing friends and family smiling!
Good luck all!

Beer

Hey Guys:

Me and a buddy are coming up tommorrow and are looking for some sturgeon info, Landings? Areas?

Thanks Bassman

Hey evryone Iceman here. I have been fishing the last week on the old Rainy River. Have been having a great time out there. CAught a lot of Nice Walleyes, Some big Sturgeons, in fact a 67lb one, and two thirty pounders at the same time. So we had fun. Hope to see everyone out there. Dr. Bob, we will be in a 17 ft Lund Tyee, Blue and White, with a 115hp Evinrude, Black with Chrome trim. Well later everyone.

Jason - Is that you ???

Where are you guy launching from???

I went out of Birchdale today. It was fun, but pretty slow. Jakey beat me again grin.gif . He popped a 22 1/2 about 20 minutes after we started (2 pm rolleyes.gif ). He later caught a 20" (that's all he caught, but not bad for an 8 yr old).

I managed a 21, 17, 17, and a 15. Maybe missed 6 or 7 and caught one slimmer about 7 to 8 pounds. That was all that we caught and everyone I talked to did about the same. Boy it was tough in that wind mad.gif .

Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Does anyone have a report out of Vidas???

I'll check in the morning b4 I hit the road. It's supposed to be a Beauty Day Ay smile.gif.

------------------
Crank the Shank!

We are back from the River. Fished 4-12 7 am to 4:30. My father caught 2-21.5" and 2- 19.75". I caught 2-18", 1-14" and 2-17". All were caught on the stinger hook and we lost several that light bit the tail just behind the stinger. Color didn't appear to matter. We caught them on white, red, yellow and green jigs. We launched at Frontier and didn't have any trouble with the rutted out landing. I am glad I took the 4-wheel truck and not the van. The crowds were thick at times on the water but we were able to find somewhat empty stretches. The fishing was slow, but fun. We will be back next year. Anyone have trouble finding bait?

Yeah Bob this is Jason. Was hoping to see you guys this weekend but didn't end up bumping into you. We went out today and caught some nice ones. Bryant caught a 25 1/2 incher. Like I said in the earlier post the fishing was better earlier this week. But we are going to try it tomorrow again, see what happens. Hopefully hook into a good sturgeon fight. We have had some good ones in the last week. And I thought catching a big walleye would be fun. But catching a 35 lb Sturgeon is one heck of a lot of fun. My buddy caught a 57 lb Sturgeon Tuesday. Well everyone have a good layoff from fishing and well see ya in May. Keep in touch too Dr.Bob. My Email Address is [email protected]. Give me a jingle every once in a while. Let me know how You and Jake and the rest of your family are doing! See ya everyone!! FISH ON!!!! GET THE NET!!!!! Later Iceman