• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hello, we are three men embarking on our first rainy river trip. We will be coming up on the 6-8 of April. I currenty have a 20' Ranger with 175 Merc. By the looks of things there is no way i am getting that into the river at this time. I do have access to a 14' dingy with a 6hp johnson. I guess we are just looking for advice on what we should do. The whole drag the boat across the ice thing looks kinda crazy but im guessing it wouldnt be a prob. Otherwise we are very excited to be with all the rest of the die-hard anglers on the river. Thanks for your time, see you on the water..

It's always nice to be in the big boat, more comfortable. But when you can have a couple good days of fishing, it won't really matter. There is good fishing close in the area, so a 6hp won't be bad. You should have no problems at the ramp. You will see a lot of boats straight out from the ramp and some up towards the rapids (heading East)

Good luck and let us know how you did. We will probably see you at the ramp!

------------------
www.clementsonresort.com

Honestly -- the fishing is so good, it doesn't matter what boat you fish from. I think you'll enjoy catching and releasing some hawgs!

i would take the big boat we just got back from rainy and the ice chunk at end of ramp is almost gone and will be able to launch your ranger and fish in comfort!!!! river is low so be careful about going full throttle if you dont no the river. it sounded like they would clean the ramp off saturday totally. have fun and catch a bunch. we had 19ft boat up there thurs. and fri. had to go tp pelland to launch and fishing was spotty only caught 10 walleyes all between 17 and 22inches but it was still betterthan working!!!! GOOD LUCK

gofishingtom - Word at the ramp is tomorrow? Was the county there? or was it the site manager you talked to, or the DNR?

Still waiting on a phone call from the county, left a message this afternoon to find out what the schedule was now that most of the shore ice is gone. Any info would be appreciated.

Yes the river is way low! Probably 4-6 low. Snow forecasted for tomorrow, possible 1-2" ??

------------------
www.clementsonresort.com

Axman19,

I just fished April 1-3 with one other person in a 14' john-boat with a 6hp Merc out of Birchdale. We covered the 2 miles of the river that we always fish - you should have no problem. My buddy drove and he occassionally complained about leg room as he had the gas tank, motor, trolling motor and vexilar all at that end. Sometimes I even bring out a lawn or folding chair just to have some back support.