Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Born2Fish

Record fish in leech lake

Born2Fish

Hello all! I have fished leech one time. And that time we had to of caught over 300 sunnies,bluegills,pumpkinseeds. One Bowfin,many many bass and even some nice northerns. But i was wondering if anyone(that fishes leech kinda regularly) has caught any bigger than what i am going to tell. I caught a 11.5 lbs bowfin that litterally shattered the old minnesota record by almost a pound. At the time i did not know what kind of fish it was so i released it almost immediatlly(after weighing it). Also caught were a 1.79 lbs pumpkin seed, a almost 2 pound sunnie(many many in the 1 to 1.5 lbs range). I am not sure if the old records still stand but i am sure that at the time they were records. Anyone else ever catch fish this size outta leech? I am planning on coming up to sugar point resort again this summer to try my luck

Terry Hagstrom

There are alot of big panfish in Leech but can be tough at times to locate.<BR>I have caught them around a pound + but nothing in the 2 lb. range.

GullGuide

Yes Born2fish,<BR>A buddy of mine's dad owns a resort on Leech. He told me a few years ago a group came up and fished panfish for a week. One day while checking the cleaning room he measured what would have easily been the state record blugill, already cleaned unfortuently. I want to say he said it was like 13 or 14" long!!<BR>There are some piggies out there!<BR>>"////=<

Born2Fish

Piggies are right! When we fished it we were in a area of the lake i swear you could see to the bottom. Lots of lake weeds that went from the bottom almost to the top. And i think it was a little bay because it was windy as heck and there was no wind where we fished! But yeah like you all said monsters in that lake!