• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Record fish in leech lake

Hello all! I have fished leech one time. And that time we had to of caught over 300 sunnies,bluegills,pumpkinseeds. One Bowfin,many many bass and even some nice northerns. But i was wondering if anyone(that fishes leech kinda regularly) has caught any bigger than what i am going to tell. I caught a 11.5 lbs bowfin that litterally shattered the old minnesota record by almost a pound. At the time i did not know what kind of fish it was so i released it almost immediatlly(after weighing it). Also caught were a 1.79 lbs pumpkin seed, a almost 2 pound sunnie(many many in the 1 to 1.5 lbs range). I am not sure if the old records still stand but i am sure that at the time they were records. Anyone else ever catch fish this size outta leech? I am planning on coming up to sugar point resort again this summer to try my luck

There are alot of big panfish in Leech but can be tough at times to locate.<BR>I have caught them around a pound + but nothing in the 2 lb. range.

Yes Born2fish,<BR>A buddy of mine's dad owns a resort on Leech. He told me a few years ago a group came up and fished panfish for a week. One day while checking the cleaning room he measured what would have easily been the state record blugill, already cleaned unfortuently. I want to say he said it was like 13 or 14" long!!<BR>There are some piggies out there!<BR>>"////=<

Piggies are right! When we fished it we were in a area of the lake i swear you could see to the bottom. Lots of lake weeds that went from the bottom almost to the top. And i think it was a little bay because it was windy as heck and there was no wind where we fished! But yeah like you all said monsters in that lake!