Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .

I've been hearing about slab crappies in Leech Lake. Does anyone know when, where, and how to catch 'em. I'm guessing ice out is the time to go, north part of Sucker bay?

Terry Hagstrom

You will have a long wait yet before ice out. There is approx. 30" + of ice over the lake. When it does leave, the north end of sucker, steamboat and portage are good places to try. check out some of the smaller bays around the lake also.<BR>Terry<BR>

easyE,I'm not quite sure where terry got his info but I was there saturday and there was no way out on the ice.It has pulled away from shore anywhere from 10 to 60 feet or more!I'll give it 10 days and the ice will be gone.Just thought you might want to know.------------mallard1662

GullGuide

Mallard,<BR>It might be pulling away from the shore...always does first...but I'm willing to bet there is still a good 2 feet out from shore. Talked to some people who were fishing Mille Lacs last week, shore ice was bad, out from shore no problems..Leech is a lot further North than ML, I'm still betting on a day before opener smile.gif<BR>>"////=<

A stupid question I know, but in the South 30" of ice is hard to imagine. How long does it take under normal weather patterns to melt?<P>Does a early or late ice out have a effect on fishing? Walley?<BR>Thanks<BR>Rooster

GullGuide

With a late ice out, walleyes are VERY easy to locate. Look for typical spawning areas...Shallow gravel/rubble shoreline flats or any type of current, preferably incoming.<BR>With late ice-outs, it's almost a crime how easy it is to catch fish, sometimes I wish they would push the opener back on years such as this, but what can you do? What we all can do is act responsibly and not get into the meat-hunter mode, which is easy to do when the potential is there for limit after limit. <BR>My favorite method is to troll a #13 rapala behind the boat 200' or more in 5 feet of water or less. Another favorite is to cast a jig and twister-tail into in-coming current areas. Make sure to cast slightly down and across the current, letting the current swing the bait along while you slowly retrieve the jig...lethal on early season eyes. With this method I have found it is more effective to NOT use any live bait with the jig...just a twister-tail.<BR>Good Luck,<BR>GullGuide<BR>>"////=<