Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
cstang04

Where is the hot spots

cstang04

Hey i am siked to use my new ice augger and just wondering if anyone found any good spots? I will update later if i find any

Sartell Angler

I would recommend Lake Osakis -- we nailed the crappies there 3 nights ago, and there is about 7 inches of ice on the lake now. I also have gotten into the walleyes within the last couple days -- limited out both days with fish in the 15 - 17 inch category, and even caught two nice 20 inchers. In the last 2 days, my 2 buddies and i have caught well over 50 walleyes, although a lot of them have been a little small. Mainly using crappie minnows and a few fatheads. Sorry I can't tell you where exactly the action is for 'eyes, but it wouldn't be fair to the few other anglers on the ice who discovered the action for themselves. Hope you understand -- S.A.

Sartell Angler

got many more walleyes again this morning. They were biting consistantly for about 3 hours.

S.A.

SpikeRoberts

I can tell you where the hot spots ain't. I fished Pearl on Saturday between 3-7 and caught 30-35 sunnies and only five were big enough to keep -- and even those were on the small side. Some folks around me were catching northerns on tip-ups. Today I fished Lower Spunk and the sunnies were even smaller than on Pearl, I also landed one small northern on a tip-up rigged with a small shiner. There were a lot of houses on Lower Spunk -- I don't know if that's because the fish have been biting there or because it's a small lake that froze up earlier than the others. The ice on both lakes is a solid eight inches and there were ATVs and snowmobiles running on each lake. Keep the reports comin'.
Tight lines, Spike

fisher13

I was on Pelican and Pine in St. Anna on saturday all afternoon, and fishng was really slow. Only caught one small pike right outside The Landing. I talked to some others and they didnt get anything either. Ice was a solid 5 inches except for a few slushly spots.

borchawk1

I fished on middle Spunk on Monday and only saw a couple of small pike. There's no shortage of small perch though. I think the weather has the fish a bit negative, they were all moving real slow with no where in particular to go. They sure were a lot of houses out on lower spunk. Some brave (crazy) souls were even driving their nice new trucks out, theres always a few each year that can't wait.

I gave Cedar Island a try last night. I was suprised at the lack of ice. I certainly wouldn't think of driving on yet. As for the fishing, I picked up 5 walleye and about 6 crappies. The crappies were nice 11-12 inchers but the walleye were small. I only fished for an hour and the action wasn't getting faster as it got later. Usually that is not a good sign. Anyone else been out on the Chain?ScottS

I was on Horseshoe on Tuesday and only could get small walleyes to bite. I also went to Cedar Island last weekend and my Vex was showing fish holding close to the bottom, but couldn't get them to bite. I haven't been able to find the crappies yet this winter, and not too much for willing fish of any kind. I'm wondering if the December weather was just too good to the fish, or if I'm just that bad? (could be some of each!)

I have a relative coming on Saturday who wants to fish for a couple of hours in the afternoon, anyone have any good spots for action? Sunnies, Northerns, any?

Good Luck, all!

Ruegs23

Fished Cedar Island last sunday and caught 8 nice crappies. Tried agian tuesday night and caught about a dozen crappies with only 3 above 9 inches. It was pretty slow. Lot's of fish on the screen, but they just didn't have any size. Hopefully the trend changes as the year goes on.

jimBo

What the ice doing on these two lakes is it geting close to condo time. Poker games on the ice and catching fish what a pair.
ther always a full house.bring back the cold weather. Can't wait no longer.
jimBo

Ishmel

anyone else having trouble seeing the new topics?

Sartell Angler

yep, something is definitely wrong because i can't even see half of the topics... something needs to be done on here....

S.A.

Borch

Must be having trouble with the server. Noticed it yesterday.