• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

area ice

tackltime

went out where new ice met old today chisel went thru one good jab on new, 4"on old lot of snow blew off today 2 cold nites should be good. any word on pearl? stopped at marks today people buying bait, gotta be good ice somewhereclose

Tackle,
I was out on Pearl Sunday afternoon and the ice was so-so. I was out 300-400 yards out from the public access and the ice was a good 3"-4" but beyond me there were some pressure cracks from the snow that I didn't want to mess with. My feeling was that I was a day or two too early and, given the cold temps of the last three nights, I would feel comfortable exploring by foot today. Nevertheless, be very careful and I hope you have better luck than I did.
Spike

fished the beav x-mas eve fishin slow but what i had was nice. went out this evening lots of pike.they are hard on tackle. went back out 10:00 pm good fish on scope no bites going again 6:00 am. will get tired of these crappie, time to get on these eyesstay in touch.ice is good,life is good tackltime

Most of the area lakes have good ice on now. 4-6 inches of good ice but the traditional "trouble" spots are still week. The fishing reports coming in have been mixed with a few people picking up some crappies in the tradional holes. As for walleye, the fisherman are starting to venture out farther onto Horseshoe but that has been pretty slow also. People are reporting lots of fingerling walleye being caught with an occasional 18-20 incher. The pressure has been light on the area lakes due to the poor ice conditions we had most of December. I would expect the pressure to pick up as the weekend approaches and the ice conditions improve.ScottS