• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

opener on Horseshoe

I have fished the Horseshoe Chain since the late 1960's. Although I have fished it this many years, I have never seriously fished the Opener on this lake. I see many many walleye fisherman here on Opener weekend and hear they do quite well. I am coming to Horseshoe this year for Opener. As long as you are positioned on the river through this lake are the walleyes biting well? or is it just around hwy 22 (by town) and under the 22 bridge? are these the hottest two areas??

There are not many things I will promise when it comes to fishing, but this year, with the late ice-out I promise the walleye will be in the river channels. The 22 bridge is always good as well as up river, anywhere from the Hwy 22 access to the rapids. The Hwy 71 bridge area all the way down to Cold Spring will be good also if the ice comes off earlier than we think. But, in general, the fishing will be excellent on the opener. Good Luck. ScottS

------------------
ScottS
[email protected]