Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  

minnewaska carp

I'm looking for information pertaining to the timing of the spring carp spawn on Minnewaska. My brother went to college in Morris, so was there to check on the spawn on a regular basis and thus always hit the fish good. I live in Minneapolis, so one or two trips each spring are usually made out there, between turkey hunting and steelhead there isn't much time and it's a long trip for me. We fish for them on the flats near Lawrence point. When they're in and spawning, the water will be muddy and fish will be breeching all over. I'd really like to make contact with someone from the area who could shoot me an e-mail when the spawn begins. We could swap trips or something like that. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

~goblin
esoxii@aol.com

Are you looking to fish for Carp or bowfish for Carp? Either way the Horseshoe Chain has the best Carp fishing around. I have caught them up to 40 lbs. Usually I bowfish them, and could easily fill a boat on any given day. During the spawn, our muddy bays on the Chain are rolling all day.ScottS

------------------
ScottS
Dollage@aol.com

I am looking to catch them, not shoot them. I've been to Horseshoe twice this winter, and I have to say that some of the backwaters along the route looked really promising. Is wading or shore-fishing an option there, or do you really need a boat? Also, any specific backwaters you could suggest to me? Thanks.

~goblin

The river system is full of Carp. However, most spawning goes on in the bays and is vary obvious as you may know. The best spot for shore fishing is in the flats, which you take County Rd 22 South off Hwy23 and the flats are the area on your Left. The first water on your left. Another option would be to drive the lakes road until you see the carp boiling up in a bay, then fish there. The nice thing about the Chain is that it offers a lot of shore fishing opportunity. Wading would be an option but some of that mud gets pretty deep.ScottS

------------------
ScottS
Dollage@aol.com