Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  

Clearwater Lake

Went there today to hunt for 'gills. Found them in 11-13 feet. Many were coming in up to 5 feet off the bottom. I had to use light line,a small jig, and one eurolarvae to get them to hit. Very light biters. FL-8 is a must. The fish really got negative as soon as the vehicle traffic picked up. No big bruisers, but I caught a bunch. Sight fishing was a blast in the clear water conditions.I can't wait until the thaw comes our way, then the fun begins.

quote:

Originally posted by BigGauge:

Went there today to hunt for 'gills. Found them in 11-13 feet. Many were coming in up to 5 feet off the bottom. I had to use light line,a small jig, and one eurolarvae to get them to hit. Very light biters. FL-8 is a must. The fish really got negative as soon as the vehicle traffic picked up. No big bruisers, but I caught a bunch. Sight fishing was a blast in the clear water conditions.I can't wait until the thaw comes our way, then the fun begins.

quote:

Originally posted by BIG_DOG_31:

Sorry about that first reply,first time posting but ive got it now.
Big Gauge-Finally Someone is talking about a lake I fish!! I read the postings about
the horseshoe chain and was hopeing to have the same kind of thing- reports,tips and such with the Clearwater-wright county area.
Wich parts of clearwater do you usually fish
after the thaw? I know the crappies are real late to come into the shallows compared to other lakes in the spring. I used to live on nearby Sugar lake so I guess thats the one I know the best in the area, I am looking
to learn clearwater a lot better this year so
any help is appreciated thanks, Pete

I have been fishing the sunfish on the west side out by the access. The north end of the west side on the reed flats is usually good for spring panfish. If you're going to go on this lake for the first time, get a lake map, and use electronics. The sharp drops along the reed islands will drive you nuts the first time out there without those aids, especially if you're trolling for other species of fish.I didn't fish it much last year in the soft water season, but that is subject to change. Sugar lake, now there's a lake that has caught my eye with muskies and all in it. Later.

[This message has been edited by BigGauge (edited 02-06-2001).]

Borch

The Bass are nothing to sneeze at on Sugar also. Very nice fish there.

It's good to hear that there are a few people fishing in the Clearwater area. I had some luck on Elk lake earlier this winter but it's been slow for me for a while. Can anyone tell me where to find Sunnies on Clearwater. Any help would be appreciated.

Borch, you are everywhere,dude! How many more forums are we going to meet at? Yes, I've heard about the bass fishing on Sugar,and mm-mm-mm,it sure is sweet!
Ishmel, try fishing in 10-13 feet out from the reed beds on the west side right now.

Borch

BigGauge,

I left a message on the Huntingnet board just a bit ago saying pretty much the same about you. Used to fish sugar a lot for northerns and walleyes. Past few years we've nailed some really nice bass, deep in the cover where few people dare cast a lure. Ida is another excellent bass lake in the area. I think I spent almost every Saturday(and a lot of sundays& weeknights)fishing bass there.

There seems like there quite a few jewels as far as lakes go over that way. I heard rumors about Cedar, and French over by West Albion used to be killer for slab crappies at early ice not all that many years ago.I haven't been on French for awhile, it's a small lake and could get fished out quick.So many lakes, so little time.

I've never been to french but I have been on
cedar in the early spring and its unbelievable, I didn't think there were that many people that lived in Minnesota- let alone had a boat! I bet I could have jumped half way across the lake going from boat to boat. Not worth putting up with the crowds for me. Hard or open water-- a nice quiet honey hole where I can fish in peace.
( without having to drive to Canada!)
Is all I want, is that possible anymore???

quote:

Originally posted by BIG_DOG_31:

I've never been to french but I have been on

cedar in the early spring and its unbelievable, I didn't think there were that many people that lived in Minnesota- let alone had a boat! I bet I could have jumped half way across the lake going from boat to boat. Not worth putting up with the crowds for me. Hard or open water-- a nice quiet honey hole where I can fish in peace.

( without having to drive to Canada!)

Is all I want, is that possible anymore???

If you want to get into some good fishing with no crowds go out to St. John's University. They have two nice lakes and no motors are allowed so with a canoe you really slaughter the big panfish and northerns. Most likely you'll be one of only one out there.