• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

RiceLake

Fished walleyes on Rice lake. Fished center bar augered 30 holes. I worked depths from 22 ft up to 7 ft. Tonight the bite was terrible. I was having a fairly steady bite up until the Full-Moon. I was wondering if anybody has been fishing later in the evening, after 6 pm and having better luck.

quote:

Originally posted by WalleyeHunter:

Fished walleyes on Rice lake. Fished center bar augered 30 holes. I worked depths from 22 ft up to 7 ft. Tonight the bite was terrible. I was having a fairly steady bite up until the Full-Moon. I was wondering if anybody has been fishing later in the evening, after 6 pm and having better luck.

What part of the bar are you fishing? Fished the lake myself for years before moving to northern minnesota! My experience was if I remember right, the bar lies east-west, and I had better luck fishing the northeast side of the bar where there is a couple of fingers with a pretty good drop off. I'd be catching fish while people over northwestern part were not. The fish go on top of the bar on the northwest side, and won't bite their if they are not going into the shallows. The northeast side normally they would venture up for a quick snack and go back into the depths! Good luck!
Jeff K. www.BeMahQuat.com