Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  

Weekend's Best Bets

So, what are the best bets for the average angler this weekend? I've not been out for a week or so, but the last time I was, walleyes were in about 12-15 feet of water on Rice and Koronis, but without much size from either lake. Have the walleye moved deeper by now? Any insight or recommendations would be great.
Stay Safe!

------------------
Happy fishin'
Fitchwolf

Fitchwolf- If the wind picks up like it is supposed to the best place will be inside by the fireplace. But, if you do want to brave the conditions I would recommend heading East a little and giving the Horseshoe Chain a try. They are driving on now and the fish are really biting.ScottS

------------------
ScottS
Dollage@aol.com

I would like to restate the above question for this coming weekend. I have a brother coming into town from Texas, and he wants to get out. Has the weather slowed things down? What time of day? Any info. is appreciated. Thanks.

jpwags- If I wanted to catch fish I would go to Rice or Cedar Island lakes. The crappies have been biting on both lakes pretty well. If you fish Cedar Island, where I have been fishing the whole year, I would recommend being set up by 4 PM. The bite has been earlier this year and the action has been fast. I have been catching between 20-40 crappies a nite, just enjoying the action. You can not miss the spot, look for all the houses. There is a good access off HWY 22. I have been fishing in about 23 ft of water. The walleye had been biting pretty good but have slowed considerably as of late. Good luck.ScottS

------------------
ScottS
Dollage@aol.com

rice lake- good crappie bite in the evening in around 23ft of water. not huge but nice. good action from 5-?. still getting bites at 9. where are the walleyes at? caught a couple in schaumann's bay early real shallow water. 6-8ft. tried the point with little success. what about the crappie bed across from fisher's? any info would be cool. good luck!

Mac-1 been fishing in the crappie bed in front of fishers for crappies. The bite has been slow their on the vexilar in 26 to 32 feet 3 to 6 feet off the bottom the fish being caught are really nice. Walleyes seem to be on one night and off the next, stick to it though and find a spot to yourself in 15 to 17 foot best bite has been 4 to 6 oclock pm.