• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Well im heading up to Ottertail on saturday, was wondering if anybody could tell me where some bait shops are. It looks like the closest towns to where im staying is Basswood and Ottertail. If anyone knows anything around there id apreciate it. Also i was wondering about Walker lake, i dont hear much about it on here. Hows the bass/northern/crappie fishing on the lake? Thanks to any responses.

Best shop on Ottertail is Ken's Tackle, on the west side of the lake. There is also bait at Tank and Yummies and Carrs in Ottertail city. Haven't fished Walker, never do after mid June.

Basswood's not really a town anymore,nothing as far as business's go.Walker has some real nice largemouth in it but be prepared to fish some thick slop to get at them.Not gonna get anymore specific since your inquiring about bait, I'm not sure youre a catch and release guy smile.gifI've never fished specificaly for northerns but the ones that get in the way while bassin run rather small.Used to fish a multi species leauge there now and again and don't recall any huge ones being caught except for the guy's that went up into Ottertail but I'm sure their are some being it's connected to OT.Crappies run real nice size if you can find them,not a ton of offshore structure to really pinpoint them but then it's not that big of a lake either.Good luck and please release those bass so me and my boy's can play with them too!

Unless you want to go to church Sunday morning, nothing in basswood. Stay on the lake or consider Battle Lake or Perham as the closest towns.