• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Heading up with the family on Saturday to fish Star for a week.

Any current reports or info? Mainly targeting eyes, but any info appreciated. May have to go for some panfish as well to keep the boys occupied..

Thanks

Sorry, ive never fished there but im gonna be fishing up there on sunday. We have a small bass tourney there.

Our fishing league fished Star last night, 8 boats, no crappies very few bass and a couple of walleyes, I heard they were very deep 20-30 feet. 1 guy caught a sunfish at 20 feet.

Another fishing league member adding his 2 cents worth. We lindy rigged leeches from 6-7:30 pm and caught 3 little walleyes. At 7:30 we tried cranks for some reason and while it wasn't fast we did get a 16" walleye a small northern and a 16" largemouth. Just about anything that runs 10-12 ft deep worked for us in just about any color. Find the weed edge (about 14 ft) and try to stay on it. Going down wind was useless, all strikes came while going upwind. Really slow, I think is the key. Good luck this weekend.

So how is the bass fishing at Star? See any up in the shallows or is everythng just deep? Looks like that lake has lots of structure if i remember right. Could be mistaken though. Ill post hear sunday nite to tell how i did.

Well im back from our bass tourney. We mostly fished the reeds and pulled up about 15 bass from range from 1-2.5 pounds. Caught a couple in 3 pouund range. The biggest bass was 5 pounds and some odd ounces crankbaiting over 15ft of water. Plenty of perch that followed, alot of little guys. A few nice sunnies off the reeds in 6-8ft of water. Well thats all i know and im dead tired. Nite

Well, we're back and I have to say that cold front kicked our tails!!! We did have some success w/ crappies on Sunday before the front and again Friday as it started to warm back up running orange spinners w/ fatheads in 11-14' of water just above the weeds. Lots of Rock Bass and those annoying 15-20" snakes. We found very few walleyes wanting to cooperate. Tried trolling, rigging, etc with no luck day or night. We could find them on the graph in classic spots, but I swear they had lockjaw...

Oh yeah, my 13 year old did pull an accidental 4.5lb largemouth on a spinner rig as well. Dug him down into those thick weeds and a good battle took place on that one.

Oh well, I guess we all need to be given a good dose of humility on occasion... :-)

[This message has been edited by Smitty (edited 08-15-2004).]

Bummer smitty,
Wish ya would have done better but this is august, not the easiest time of the year to be here fishing waldos..Did ya venture over to little pine?? paul

Yep Paul, especially in August when it gets down to 40 at night and only up to 57 during the day!!!

We didn't make it to Little Pine. A bit more of a hassle on the trip when the wives and kids are along. Dad and I will probably come up to BP in late September or early October for a long weekend and the Little Pine night bite.

How's fishin been for you this year?

I have all but written this season off...
My shoulder gave me so much grief early on, I still dont dare run my guiding boat, will probably do some fall fishing out of my 14 footer.. Been a reallllllllly bad year for my fishing.. Paul

Bummer.. I'll drop you a note when we come up, you're welcome to come over and ride along in my boat any time...

Later, Dave

Thanks smitty.
I think I'll take ya up on that one this year. I've felt about as useful as a one legged man in a butt kicking contest around the forums here this season.. Kinda looking forward to getting the fish house out...

Cool, I'll let ya know. My wife is going on her own little vacation in September (to Norway!!) and won't be back until the 27th, so we're probably talking early October this year if I can find a resort still open..

Later, Dave

Woodlands resort on Dead Lake has a cabin they rent year round. It is a newer 2 story cabin and it is really nice.

I know linden shores keeps the water on in one or two units also till mid october..Norway?? Lucky gal :-) Paul

Thanks, I think Whispering Pines has something available until mid October or longer too (not cheap, but it's a pretty nice place)..

Yep, wife's Mom was born & raised in Norway so they're going back (first time in about 15 years) to visit family. I'll be doin' the Mr. Mom thing!!

Oh yeah, talked to Dad tonight and he says if the shoulder hurts too bad he'll reel in those eye's for ya too!!! tongue.gif

heheheh I'm sure he would! I'll be on the water with dad in the am, looks to be a chilly one, mid thirties tempwise the past couple mornings... Its been a long strange summer.....Paul

Just wondering if there are any new updates out on Star. My wife and I will be making our annual trip up to Ebert's 9/28 until Labor Day. I would really like to get into some walleyes or northerns, since I haven't done too well on either since we've been @ Ebert's, but the panfish almost make up for it...

eyes317