• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I was looking on the Minnesota DNR website and noticed Bass lake was stocked with Rainbow Trout. Does anyone know where I could find these trout in the lake and what I would use to catch them. Does anyone know where the public boat launch is if there is one. Any information would be appreciated.

Best wishes and fishes
Mike

I beleive the Bass lake you are refering to is in Maplewood state park. Not sure if there is an access to the lake. Go to the Minnesota state parks website to find more info.

there is not an access for vehicle travel on bass. you may rent a boat from the park, they have no motors but you can use an electric T/M that you bring, many fish from shore.

Don't waste your time fishing for trout in that lake. Have tried three times and have not seen, caught nor smelled a trout. Have not seen a trout rise. I believe it was stocked a few times some years back but that is about all. Even one of the employees sorta winced when I asked about trout fishing. I'd find another fishin' hole if I were you. Sorry.