Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
fishing4fun

Battle lake area?

fishing4fun

I'm coming up for a family vacation the first week of June, and I thing musky and bass open up that weekend. (I hope, I haven't looked yet) But if i could get a little help on locating a few following skies or a handfull of bass that would make my weekend. I've heard that Battle has some nice skies in it. But I've heard nothing of the bass in the area lakes. If someone who is a little bit more expierenced on the area could let me know, I'd be very much appreciated. I've fished Spider lake before for bass, it was full of millfoil type weeds. We had little luck, is this a decent lake to do some bass fishing or pike fishing.
Also does anyone know what the walleye bite is like on Eagle Lake? This is the lake we are staying on.
Thanks
F4F

[This message has been edited by fishing4fun (edited 05-27-2004).]

West Battle indeed has muskies, but you'll have to talk to someone besides me about where to find them and how to catch them.

Bass is another story. Virtually every lake that I have fished in the area has bass, some lakes are crawling with them. I'm not the type of guy that has to catch fish with artificial lures to be satisfied, my favorite approach has always been a slip bobber with a leech. Fish in and near emergent weeds, the best ones in my opinion are where there is 5-7 feet of water as opposed to 2-3 feet of water.

All I know about Eagle is that it is usually an incredibly clear lake. I have heard it is a decent walleye lake.

Mark Christianson

Eagle Lake is only one of a very few lakes in the country(I believe) that has fresh water coral.

Apparently its a popular diving lake.

(Don't slap me too hard if that is just a local myth)

GRAND DAD

Anybody know were the landing is on Eagle me and my dad have tried to find but can't

mr. fisherman

The access for Eagle is on the south side. About in the middle of the south shore.
As far as bass go right across the road is middle and that is a Awesome bass lake. Battle has good muskies the only problem is wrong time of year. They really turn on when it gets really hot. The like jerk baits also on that lake. One of the better spots is the weed line along hwy 210 where the lake comes to within 100 yds of the hwy.

GRAND DAD

Oh I thinks my dad is about 56 and am 26 the name throws people off a bit.And thanks for letting me know were that landing is we tried to find about 3 years age because we herd who clear the water was there!!!

fishing4fun

WOW, thanks for all the responces. I didn't expect this many this fast. I'm really looking forward to catching some bass next week. Which lakes in the area should be hot?

Mark Christianson

Stop in at Bens Bait. They will put you onto the potentially hot lakes.

I have a couple personal favorites, but I hate to publish on the web.....
Sorry for being secretive, but I like them because they have little pressure typically.

CMWINTER

last year I fished Battle for muskies on opener had a few fallows in the morning most of them came out of 3-6 of water up in the reeds. Never cought one out there last year tell July.

For bass'n Norway lake is a fun lake to fish lots of big bass just don't keep any there catch and release only out there.

fish-n-hunt 'em up

Eagle Lake - the comment about freshwater coral - a couple years ago, I passed this information on to a friend who's bother-in-law was looking to scuba diving in the area - he asked around & was told it was a myth - any one???

WAL~LEE

THE MYTH IS TRUE. THERE IS FRESH WATER CORAL LOCATED IN FRONT OF THE ACCESS. DON'T EXPECT TO TAKE ANY HOME, FOR IT'S ILLEGAL TO DISTURB IT, AND IS A LOCAL DIVING ATTRACTION. READ THE SIGN AT THE BOAT LAUNCH AND IT WILL GIVE YOU THE SCIENTIFIC NAME OF THE SPECIES. I HAVE NEVER SEEN IT IN PERSON BECAUSE IT GROWS IN DEEP WATER. I HAVE SEEN IT IN A BIOLOGY CLASS AND IT BASICALLY LOOKS LIKE A WHITE ROCK WITH POCK MARKS ON IT. A PERSON SHOULD CONTACT LOCAL DIVING INSTRUCTORS FOR A REAL LIFE VIEW!

ChuckN

F4F,
You should not have any difficulty finding the bass in any lake around that time. The water temps are still lingering in the 53-55 degree range on the big lakes and the bass will be thick in the shallows for awhile yet. There's bass in just about 99% of the lakes around here. Just pick any lake and you'll get them. smile.gif

For Muskies, these fish don't start heating up until July and August when the water temps really heat up. That's when they really start feeding.

Eagle Lake is probably the clearest lake in the area. If you want walleyes from here, fish at night trolling crankbaits near structure. It's a great walleye lake.

CASTnBLAST

Hey Mr. Fisherman,what kind of access does Middle lake have?

fishing4fun

Thanks again for all the info!!!! So what presentions should I throw. Topwater is by far my favorite and also a small jerkbait. I don't like to use plastics that much, but if it's what these fish eat I'll throw it.
I'm looking forward to this coming weekend.

THE WEATHER BETTER STRAIGHTEN OUT!!!!!!!!

mr. fisherman

Middle has a dirt access. Not the greatest but it will get you on the water. It is also a pay access.

CASTnBLAST

Thanks for reply Mr.Fisherman...what are the chances of getting a 21 ft. bass boat in on this access? Also do they have a drop box for payment or do you have to go to a residence?

jerkin'm

Are you sure about those spots to get on Middle? Last I checked the private pay access was no longer operating and there has never been a public access. That's what keeps the fishing decent. I highly doubt either would take a 21 footer, but there are plenty of great bass lakes around that will.

CASTnBLAST

I'll be out bassin tommorrow somewhat close to there maybe try to swing by there and check it out.

jcbh

I believe that the pay access on Middle is closed, has been for a couple of years. There is public land on the southwest side where there is a trail and an access, I havent been there for 2 years, but it was very tricky then, with my 17' boat, and I would guess with the rain, it would be a bear.

fishing4fun

Thanks to all who gave my advise on what to do and where to go. This past weekend was a blast, the weather couldn't have been better. We caught in 4 days around 400-500 bass in the .75 to 4lb range. It was awesome, we even got our wifes fishing licences to come out and enjoy it. We fished them from 2 feet all the way out to 19 feet of water. All the big fish came out of 10-19 feet of water.
I do want to thank everyone again.

Next time tell me where the Muskies are....
LOL