• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

When/Where for LOW Pike?

My cousin went up to LOW last winter for early ice pike. I think it was around the first of December. He had real good luck with northerns around 40". We want to plan another trip this winter. Do you LOW guys think that late ice or early ice is better for trophy pike? Where are some decent spots to try? Maybe by planning this far in advance, I could hook up with someone from around the LOW area. My goal, I guess, is to break my mark of a pitafull 32" pike. I know LOW has somw nice ones swimming around in it. LOW is a very big lake and I've never been there before so any pointers would be greatly appreciated....LEECH<P>------------------<BR> <BR><*)))))))><{

I prefer the late ice and the early openwater myself. Muskeg bay spots put out more/bigger for me at that time of year anyhow. Late ice bite last season was a bit dissapointing, but the bite during first openwater made up for that.<P>fiskyknut<BR>

Leech21-<P>Check my post on the Ice Fishing main forum. MJ had a couple good ones too in response to your question. Like I said there, check back here come March and you should find some info. I plan on getting up there more this winter than last, maybe we could hook up out on the ice. If you are looking to break 32", I could probably help you with that, just depends on the mood of the Pike.<P>Fisky, you are right about last winters late ice bite. My dad & I didn't fair so well. Honestly didn't see many other groups pull in any really nice fish either. We did see 1 that had to have gone over 40" but that was it. <p>[This message has been edited by hanson (edited 08-20-2004).]