• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Went out of Big Pine, saturday morning fished in front of the red cabin (in between toad and squaw point) trolled in anywhere from 4-8 feet of water caught about a dozen northerns no eyes. Lost one big fish no idea what it was, set the hook into solid weight, never made reel burning runs but it was steady the whole time.
Went in for a while and I went back out, into the wind after the horse race, fished deeper water 13-26 picked up three real quick, lost a atleast that many at the boat, hard to get a handle on them in those waves. Few more northerns, 3 rock bass and 6 largemouths, trolling a fuzz e grub, went out this morning for two hours and picked up three more and lost two at the boat.
Overall good opener with my grandpa.
So how did everyone else do?
Best Fishes
Chris

Fished Little Pine Friday after Midnight & Saturday night. 4-6 feet casting Raps. Our group managed 4 keepers, and let go 3 that managed to just hit that 18" mark. You know the kind that you measure two or three times and realize that it does make the 18" mark. Overall, kinda slow opener, but the best is yet to come!

two saturday before the gale force winds
one 19"
one about 12" that went back

where were you b amish?
Best Fishes
Chris

I was out on Saturday just north of Squaw Point. Wasn't there very long, got sick of battling the wind. Had 2 nibbles, but nothing in the boat. Went back out on Sunday. Trolled through the same area and released 1 northern. Went over to the west side, released about a dozen perch and kept 3 walleye. They sure seemed to like my gold jig with a shiner in about 8 feet of water. Had one walleye actually bite/break my line right at the boat. Decided to head back in mid-afternoon just before the rain started.

Keep your stick on the ice, we are all in this together.

Was out on big pine most of the weekend. Caught about 25-30 eyes kept 8. Sat was hard to fish but most in the afternoon, sunday was a good day all around both fishing and the weather. JIG AND A MINNOW (SHINER).
Otterman.