Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Dewski

Opening Day Strategies

Dewski

I will be fishing opener in the Perham area and was wondering what strategies and presentations others will be using. More than likely I will be on Big Pine and will have to watch that slot limit. Hopefully we can get a little action.

cliffy

I will be doing the same old thing that I have done for years on opener. Starting at midnight, I will be using a shinner colored Rapala casting from shore over shallow rock covered areas.....Small camp fire (may have to pass on that this year..to dry) drinking a beer and spending time with my family. This has worked great for me in the past.

huskiesplayer15

dewski
what do you drive on the lake? I will be out on the pine too. Also what side of the lake are you on or are you in a resort?
Best fishes
chris

cliffy

ahhh.......I just double checked the opener dates...I thought it was this coming weekend (May 8th)...but its not until the 15th!!!!!!!!!! Now I am depressed!!!!

Havin' Fun

Dewski,

If the shinners are runnin' you will not have too much difficulty find some walters. Run spinners up shallow in the evening or night, about 3-6 fow. Long line a shinner.

Otherwise, I would focus on the edges of the flats, or windswept points, humps ect. Jig and a shinner is tough to beat!

And yes, you will have to deal with the slot. But I don't think you will have too much trouble with it.

Good luck and pray for a BIG South wind!

huskiesplayer15

I am across the lake from you then, do you know where squaw point is? if you follow the point down we are the cabin on top of the hill with a white dock, i will be in an 18 foot blue lund pro-v.
best fishes
chris

Dewski

Huskyie

My brother-in-law lives over by Golden Eagle and I think his boat is an 18ft Lund. He got it last fall, but I don't think he has had time to put it in the water. I have been hounding him to test it out before I get there.

I sure hope we get decent weather for the opener.

Keep your stick on the ice, we are all in this together.

otterman

Does anyone know from experence if the fish are on the flats and bars on opener or if they stick to the shallows and the shore line breaks. I have a cabin on little pine but I like fishing big pine more.

Chuckster

otterman,

The last two years from what I have encountered is that the shorlines have been the best on the windy side of the lake. We fished anywhere from 4 to 9 ft. of water and did well in all areas. One thing you might want to keep in mind is that you have to watch out for the marker chasers. It seems as though people are watching with binoculars and within minutes of throwing out a bouy, you have a couple new fishin partners for the next hour or so. Good Luck

Chuckster

Hossienda

My opening day strategy is pretty simple. Sit on the dock, stand up, catch walleye and northern, sit back down. In 20 years, I have never taken a boat out on the opener, but may try it this year as I actually have a decent boat.

You just can't beat the opener at Little Pine.

-Hossienda