• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I've got too many beavers on a body of water I am trying to manage for waterfowl, and overall water levels. Is there any trappers in the area who would like to get a few more before the season ends (I think May 15??). I live near near Battle Lake. I have a boat to place traps in good spots smile.gif I want this population reduced!!

chunord at yahoo dot com

Good point CD.
I guess I just like easy posts to get my numbers up on FM.

Cripes, Chuck, you should have told me you had beaver issues!

Shoot me an email and I can set you up.

i was just looking on the internet the other day on managing beaver pond levels for waterfowl, as i noticed some beaver dam building on some of my dad's land

if you want to manage the water levels, they have many "beaver proof" water leveling devices you can make to maintain the water level you want. if i decide to do one of these things though i thought i would check with the dnr before to make sure on laws and such, or maybe even some better ideas

Those beaver proof levelers are interesting, but expensive and require excavation. More trouble, expense, and red tape than most people are willing to deal with.

Most of the beaver issues in my neck of the woods are more tree damage and erosion related. Flooding from plugged culverts is also high on the list. Running a close second is cave ins on roads and banks from old bank dens. I need a couple cubic yards to fix what has caved in on my own property.

Fighting beavers is a never ending battle. Every spring the two year olds get kicked out of the colony and have to find their own territory.

It is pretty easy to get a damage permit from a local CO. More often than not, my damage work is done with a rifle in conjunction with sumberged conibars.

I need another six or eight pelts tanned, and I will have enough for a beaver bedspread from damage work I have done.

Beaver are getting to be a real problem in this part of MN. When I was a kid people would point out a beaver and say "oh look a beaver". Now it's "there goes one of those #*&!* beaver".