• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I just wanted to say thanks to the guy who pulled my 4 wheeler out of an ottertail area lake today. The story goes like this. We had a lenghty walk out to where we were fishing due to the ice conditions. The fishing was fantastic to the point we were running out of wax worms. I took the long walk back to the access and went to get more bait. Upon my return and not looking forward to the long walk again, I decided to take the four wheeler out there. Big mistake. I got out about 20 yards and down I went but only in a foot of water. I lifted it back on the ice and started again. I made a circle to get back to shore, and yes, down again I went. This time it was up to my waist.I got out ok but now I was trying to figure out how to get the 4 wheeler out. A passerby who happened to have a 4 wheeler on his trailer stopped by to lend a hand. After some trial and error we got it out. He did not have to stop, it would have been very easy for him to just drive by but he didn't. I didn't get your name but I am very grateful for your help. As for the four wheeler on this ice....after 30 plus years of ice fishing, I should have known better. I still ended up making the long walk out, wet up to my waist and all, brought more bait out and when I got there the fish had stopped biting which I probably deserved. all this for a stupid fish