Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Fishing Report Clubs - LIMITED MEMBERSHIP - Join Today - FREE   01/24/2018

Fishing Minnesota had added a new menu item (see above) called Fishing Report Clubs. It's a way to keep the really good fishing reports coming and being shared only with those who also provide detailed fishing reports. We will only approve new members who request to join if they have already posted a recent fishing report in the area forum, associated with the Fishing Report Club area  you want to join. We are going to limit the number of regular memberships, in the Fishing Report Clubs, to the top 20  members in each Club, to those with the best frequency and quality fishing reports provided in the club and less so in the regular fishing report forum open to all members. The higher quality fishing report reserved for the club of course. If  you want fishing reports  around your area, I would Join Now, some of the clubs are starting to fill fast. Use the Fishing Reports Club link in the Menu above (after you've posted a fishing report in the regular area forum) and request to Join.
  • RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
dowhead

Northwest Angle Reg. Question

dowhead

Hello - I am new to the board and have a queston. A group of us will be visiting the Northwest Angle. We will be entering Canada through Warroad and then we will be entering back into the USA where we will be fishing only in USA waters. Does anyone know what the possession limit of Walleyes and Northerns are when we leave the Angle and travel through Canada and then enter the USA again in Warroad (Do we follow the Canadian Regs? or can we follow the Minnesota Regs?)<BR>Thanks is advance

widetrack

Follow Mn regs. You will be fine.

Big G

You cannot possess both MN and Ontario limits........You have to choose either or........<P>Also, do not purchase your fishing license in Sprage, Manitoba (I'm talking the gas station at the corner).........They are a bunch of theives.........Just don't even both stopping there when you go through.......Also, don't bother working with the "duty free" station at the Manitoba border crossing.........That is for Canada residents only...........<P>

dowhead

Thanks for the information - If I am understanding the info correctly then I believe I can possess the Minnesota limits and follow the Minnesota regulations while exiting Canada as long as I only fish in Minnesota Waters.<BR>Thanks again for the info<BR>

widetrack

Dow,<P>Your last statement is correct.<P>As a side note:<P>I've bought my Canadian license at the Shell station in Sprague many times. No problems. Anywhere in Canada you are best off having Canadian funds, as exchange rates often aren't great.<P>The duty free isn't only for Canadians either. If you spend 24+ hours in Canada and have receipts to prove it you can buy booze etc... duty free. You can also buy stuff there cheaper then you can in the US (booze) even with the Duty tacked on at the US border (if you haven't stayed 24 hours in Canada)<P><p>[This message has been edited by widetrack (edited 08-16-2004).]

Big G

OK, let me give the details of my last trip.......<P>We stopped at the Sprage gas station to buy our license..........We have bought them there in the past........<P>I threw out my credit card and the guy behind the counter said he can only take cash..........He said the license was $20 American funds........Thought......whatever, no big deal..........Well, we paid $20 American for a $24 Canadian license........He over charged us, just to get that "green"........[PoorWordUsage]..........Didn't realize it until we got on the road when we put the math together...........<P>Then, when we went through the border crossing, we asked the Canadian guard if where we turn to go to the duty free station that is right there.........He said it was for people leaving, not coming in..........If we would of turned around, we would of been able to purchase, but not going in...........according to him..........

widetrack

Yep, best to carry Canadian funds when in Canada. It isn't just there where you will get poor exchange rates.<P>And yes, Duty frees are for when you are leaving Canada, Your first paragraph implied that it was only for Canadian citizens.