Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
JohnMickish

Your opinion??

JohnMickish

I will be renting a cabin in your area this summer (mid July) and have a choice between Rush, Ottertail, Dead, Clitheral, West Battle lake and Elbow.

I would like to know your take on which lake would be my best bet to keep my 8 year old daughter and wife busy with sunfish and northerns for awhile so I can justify my being able to sneak out to do some walleye and bass fishing.

Any info will go a long ways. I have checked the DNR website and all the lakes look good on paper but things can change from a 4 year old survey.

Thanks guys.

------------------
It still beats workin'

Paul Rohweller

If walleyes were not a top priority I think if I were in your shoes I'd go to dead or rush. If walleyes were a must I'd be headed to ottertail, not as easy to catch panfish there tho and it gets a little rough on occasio, might be a little tough on the wife and kid.
Dead has some pretty decent bassin and some nice crappies, lots of places for them to hide also! I dont have an official position on clitherall or west battle, but I'm sure some of the guys here do! Good luck and have fun!! Paul

------------------
Paul Rohweller
Pine to Prairie Guide Service
218-962-3387 home
701-261-9525 cell
pinetoprairie@netscape.net
N.P.A.A. 425
Quality Bait and Tackle, Detroit Lakes Mn
www.scenictackle.com
North Country Outdoors Radio 99.3 fm
http://fishingminnesota.com/pinetoprairie

ChuckN

West Battle has a lot of small sunfish that are easy targets in the summer, in the weeds. There's bass action too.

Otter Tail is pretty much strictly walleye, in my opinion.

Clitherall can be tough fishing to keep a family entertained. It's a beautiful lake, and mightly clear making fishing a challenge.

I would have to say Rush would be the best choice for the family, and your bass and walleye.

Smokey

Before buying a cabin up here, our family spent a week at Rush Lake for four years in a row. It's a great place to take the kids fishing. Even during the dog days of summer it's possible to catch panfish, northerns, bass, bullheads, and an occasional walleye, sometimes all while sitting in one spot!
We stayed at Rush Lake Resort, which is on the west side, so it was possible to get out even on the breezy days.

JohnMickish

Thanks guys, I booked a cabin at Rush for the middle of July. Now if anybody has some good pointers for that time of year....... smile.gif

------------------
It still beats workin'

Paul Rohweller

One good thing about rush, it's close to ottertail if ya just gotta go catch some walleyes. Lots of lakes within 10 to 15 minutes, Go explore!! Paul

------------------
Paul Rohweller
Pine to Prairie Guide Service
218-962-3387 home
701-261-9525 cell
pinetoprairie@netscape.net
N.P.A.A. 425
Quality Bait and Tackle, Detroit Lakes Mn
www.scenictackle.com
North Country Outdoors Radio 99.3 fm
http://fishingminnesota.com/pinetoprairie

Banger

I have done well on clitheral in the past but I didn't get a chance to make it up there last year. I did real well on panfish in mid summer and even stumbled into a few walleyes while fishing for the panfish. I agree about the scenery of the lake it is awesome. I have fished dead lake twice and did not have alot of luck there. Just my two cents.

I used to stay at Shady Grove Resort on Rush Lake. They have a heated pool which really keeps the wife and kids VERY happy! Great Walleye all year round.

B. Amish

mid july........
sunnies and bass aren't a problem, go to the usual reed beds, although i've caught some very large sunfish while trolling for walleyes using a lingy rig with a leetch over 15' of water on some of the islands on the west end of the lake in the middle of the summer. walleyes and northerns: find the weed beds on those islands and bars that are next to deeper colder water and you should find plenty of northern action, lively shinners on a lindy rig work great. walleyes are in these same spots also but they probabally won't start biting until the northerns have taken all but a couple of your minnows.

yourresort

MNFishingGuy,

Remember to check out the sights in the area. We send a lot of guests to Phelps Mill and Glendalough State Park to catch the Sunnies, Bass, etc..... Bring your fishing equipment and enjoy the day.

Here are some results from our guests....
2002_h03.jpg

Good-Luck

------------------
Paul Ness
Three Seasons Lodge on Otter Tail Lake

[This message has been edited by yourresort (edited 03-23-2004).]