• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

West Battle Lake ICE Series - February 7, 2004

FishingMinnesota.com, Iceleaders.com and participants of LETS (FM's Leading Edge Tournament Series) invite you to spend the day with us for a fishing contest on February 7, 2004! This event is not only a winter get together for LETS participants, but is also a mini-Iceleaders event that begins at 8:00 a.m. through 2:00 p.m. on West Battle Lake, Battle Lake, MN. It is open to the entire public!

Meet fellow FishingMinnesota members, and those of LETS, and spend a day on the ice with us! Prizes will be given away with a raffle and trophies will be awarded to the best catch.

Please bring some beverages and grillables to cook on the ice with us and have some fun!

For rules and more information, please visit
http://www.iceleaders.com

We encourage everyone to get signed up early for only $10 per person or $15 at the event.
http://www.iceleaders.com/iceleaders-thanks-you.html

There is no fee for the "gathering". The fee is for the Iceleaders event only and a chance to win great raffle prizes and trophies.

Sign up is at 7:00 a.m. at the West Battle Lake (west) public access parking lot located on Lake Shore Drive, just north of the town of Battle Lake. We will direct everyone to the fishing headquarters (to be determined) on the lake from there.

Here's a map for the public access location.
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US&countryid=250&addtohistory=&address=900+Lake+Shore+Dr&city=Battle+Lake&state=MN&zipcode=&submit=Get+Map

Hope to see you there!

Hmmmmm
I better go check the calendar.
I'd love to meet some more FM'ers.
I have ChuckN crossed off the list of FM'ers to meet... Several (hundred) more to go.... smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...

This weekend folks! Who's going to join us?

We're giving away trophies to the best catches and several prizes! Get signed up now!

Here's some of the prizes that will be given away:

A Barracuda hand auger
Unbucket
Freezebee
Packs of Rod Straps
Several packs of Custom Jigs and Spins tackle
Yukon Tracks Hat
Ice Buster Bobbers
FishFever DVD
FishFever DVM's
Two Rock-N-Reels donated by T-Bone!

http://www.iceleaders.com/iceleaders-thanks-you.html
or look for us at the (west side of lake) West Battle Lake public access and pay $15.

[This message has been edited by ChuckN (edited 02-02-2004).]

[This message has been edited by ChuckN (edited 02-05-2004).]

Hardwater,
How much ice? Plenty of excellent ice if that's your question. About 2' of ice I'm guessing.

Im gonna be there i think, im kinda torn between this and the oldtimers run back home here. but I think ill be there. (got rid of my oldtimer)

chuck, can one get on the lake at the access? (remembering past years ice push..?)

[This message has been edited by minneman (edited 02-03-2004).]

Minneman,
Yes, you can access onto the lake at the public access north of town, Battle Lake. This is the west access and it is heavily used by the public. I haven't noticed any heaves this season, unlike last year.

This post is wide because I posted the mapquest link to show people where the access is. smile.gif

I'm there!! Who else is going to come have some fun and win some sweet prizes??

------------------
Clueless - -

Update:
I checked out the launch yesterday and there are heaves, but no problems getting onto the lake with a truck. Heck, my Subaru 4WD car made it just fine. A typical front wheel drive car would likely not.

Not a lot of snow on the ice, my car went through it with ease, but then again it's 4WD.

People who are planning on showing up Saturday morning for the event and who have not registered, look for me parked on the ice at the west access. I will likely be in a green Otter fishhouse.
I'll give you some pointers on the lake and let you know where the headquarters will be to weigh in fish at the end of the contest at 2:00 p.m. The event begins at 8:00 a.m and you must register before then!

Email me [email protected] with any questions.

I am leaving right after work today and looking forward to having a great time! smile.gif
See you guys tonite!

Sounds good Dennis, just give me a call when you roll into town, or if you don't have a phone, stop by my place.

I sure would have liked to be there too but am working this weekend. Hey Dennis Steele-there ain't no danged catfish in WBL. This I know for a fact! Have fun!...........T

It was great meeting some faces to go along with the handles yesterday.

Sorry I was not able to fish yesterday, but I have a house full of sick girls.

Thanks to ChuckN for all the hard work and the great prizes! The weather was just about perfect.

Hey thanks Chuck for the great time!
And thanks Grabs for putting me up in the shak.Even though I lost about ten pounds sleeping on the top bunk.I am still sweating! smile.gif
T-Bone
Nope couldn't find any cats in that lake but did get a few of those weird scaly creatures. smile.gifI guess they can be fun to catch too.I did get my cat fix on the way home!Hammered them!

Glad some of you could make it, it was definitely a good time....thanks to Grab's hauling his fishhouse for the headquarters and home base!

The prizes were great, and plentiful for those who competed!!! A special thanks to the ICE Series sponsors!
Eskimo Barracuda hand auger
Stone Legacy
Today's Tackle Rod Straps
Custom Jigs and Spins tackle
Yukon Tracks
Ice Buster Bobbers
FishFever DVD
FishFever DVM's
And thanks to T-Bone for donating two Rock-N-Reels!

It was a tough bite all weekend, but at least the weather was excellent on Saturday!

The legendary NOT SO Cluelessfisherman took 1st place bragging rights with a bag of a northern and walleye.
My wife, Wendy, took second place and big fish with a 2.5lb slot northern for big fish.
Aaron finished third place with some perch.

Hey Chuck thanks for all the work this weekend, you were pretty well wiped out by Sunday morning. Hopefully that "training" you on lightens up a bit for the open water season!

FYI: We had no problems pulling the house off the lake, that is a hell of a slope, but the Chevy had no problems with it!

LOL! Yet, it's amazing how much some of us are "trained" and we don't even know it. smile.gif

(If you haven't seen the video Blue Collar Comedy Tour, you should. In a fishhouse is even better!)

I had a great time!! Thank you Grabs for letting me crash in that sweet fish house! Thank you Chuck for making the event happen! Thanks Dennis for bringing up the truck load of great prizes! (I love my new Rock n Reel!!- Thanks for donating them Tbone!!)
And thank you to the fish gods for the bragging rights of "Worlds Greatest Ice Angler!!" grin.gif

Hmm, the clueless one is 2 for 2 on West Battle... tongue.gif

Chuck, I suppose that means you get to go 2 for 2 or maybe even 3 for 3 up in the Bemidji area this summer!!

Thanks again everyone for a great weekend. See ya on open water soon!

------------------
Clueless - -

[This message has been edited by cluelessfisherman (edited 02-10-2004).]