• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Get together at Ottertail

Want to let all of you guys know that we at the Detroit Lakes forum are planning an outing to Ottertail lake this winter. The date hasn't been set yet (I suggested mid-December) but feel free to check the Early ice thread on the DL forum and chime in. CD, you been out chasing birds at all? Finally got the move finished and plan on taking the dog out some time in the next 10 days, let me know if you'd like to join us.

Fisherdog

Hey there fisherdog19,
I am new to the forum thing, found it when looking for info for a trip to Lake of the Woods this winter. I am however very familiar with Ottertail. I grew up near there in the 70s and have been fishing it since. Just thought you may want to keep your date for your get-together a little closer to xmas, mid december may be a little early for some of those heavier houses. The last few years there have been a lot of 2,000 lb. plus houses showing up.
I am part of an informal group from the Hutchinson and west suburbs of the cities that haul our houses up for the weekend, live out there for the weekend, and pull them home again. We don't make our first trip til driveable ice. Our group has grown to 9 houses, we hit several lakes throughout the season, Ottertail is one every year. Good luck with your get-together.

------------------
bubblehead

HI Rookie,
I just read your post..sounds like we fish alot of the same places. I also own a fairly heavy house. last year i went to LOW a few times. and do the fact that my wife is from DL i have to go there alot to..havent brought my house up there becase of lack of knowlage of the lake and lack of people to go with. i live in the forest lake area and fish from watkens to low and everwhere in between...mabie we will see each other out on the lake this year...im getting sooo pumped up..makeing all kinds of additions to the house this year..

BRING ON THE ICE!!!!

A gathering on Otter Tail would be fun! That lake is great in December.

Fisherdog, I won't be bird hunting for awhile as deer season is in full swing for me. Then there's more pheasant hunting...ice fishing....too much to do, so little time!!!!