Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .

Smitty

Heading up to Big Pine Friday-Monday for a long weekend outing with Dad. Any news on the bite there recently would be greatly appreciated.

Hey Paul, hows that Little Pine night bite going? I know we probably didn't pick the best weekend, new moon and all, but it's the only weekend we could get free AND get a cabin. Staying at Regbnue Havn (sp??)so if you're in the area stop by, always room in the boat... We'll be arriving Friday afternoon and leaving Tuesday morning.

Paul Rohweller

Last sat the crankers showed up about 6 pm and were all gone by 10, not a good sign but I do know that using livebait in the same areas turned some decent fish there over the weekend.. The lake levels have dropped significantly since your last visit, bring a spare prop..I might take you up on the offer, need to get down that way.....Paul

------------------
Paul Rohweller
Pine to Prairie Guide Service
218-962-3387
N.P.A.A. 425
http://fishingminnesota.com/pinetoprairie

Smitty

Well, we'll give it a try anyway.. I just pulled up the forecast and the weather doesn't look to great either (windy and rain all weekend).. :-(

Guess I'd better put the standup top back on the boat!!! If ya can't find me for some reason just page me at 515-235-0861 (don't always carry my cell on my hip since I dropped one in Big Pine in August!! LOL)..

Any Big Pine reports out there???

Smitty

Hey Paul, didn't see ya around this weekend. Don't tell me those measly 30-35mph NW winds and a little cold front (oh yea, and the sleet yesterday while we were on Big Pine) kept you indoors!!!

All my floor storage doors on teh boat were frozen shut this morning when I went to put things away in the boat too!! LOL

Paul Rohweller

Naaa it wasnt so much the weather as it was the mominlaw in the hospital that slowed me up, it was nasty tho eh? Back at it this weekend.... Paul

------------------
Paul Rohweller
218-962-3387
N.P.A.A. 425

Smitty

Good luck this weekend. On Little Pine we did pretty well, although we had to throw back 2-3 for every one in the "keeper" range most nights. It was pretty predictable in that you could expect things to start up around 7:00pm or shortly after with 8:00-9:00 being the best time. We had multiple instances where we had 2-3 fish within a 10 minute period. It seemed at 9:00 though the fish turned into pumpkins, as things completely shut down. I don't think we caught any fish (ok, except for 2 bullheads that tried to mess with me one night) between 9:00 and 10:30, at which point we called it quits each night. Maybe they start up again later, but our patience was thin by then. I was amazed in that between all 4 nights, we were the ONLY boat in the area for all but about 1 hour 1 evening. You were right on that the ramp is REALLY shallow. A couple times I had to push the boat off the trailer, and then put on the hipboots and to out to push it off the gravel. Prop survived with only a couple minor abrasions (it's stainless though).

Big Pine was tough during the day. It was just too rough to work any defined structure, so we ended up trolling some edges or drifting holes or flats with Lindys and minnows. Not really our plan of attack when we got there, but it was impossible to work sharp breaks. I'd say we only averaged 3-4 total eyes per day there, with a total of 2 keepers for 3 days on Big Pine.

Oh well, all in all better than being at work!!!!

Later

Paul Rohweller

Thanks for the update smitty...
Two days without a cigarette here. I havent had the urge to kill anything yet. I think some walleyes are going to pay the price sunday tho....IB Hungry! Paul

------------------
Paul Rohweller
218-962-3387
N.P.A.A. 425