• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

The kids have made it through the first couple of weeks of school and the weather here in NE has been stifling...near or over 100 many consecutive days - I know we aren't the only ones getting it either. Looks like the whole midwest is in for a treat this weekend with way lower temps! We have decided to pack 'em up and head north to OT! How's the walleye bite and what are the presentations of choice & depths lately? How about panfish hotspots, ie: Phelps Mill or others...gotta take the kids out too! Thanks in advance for any info shared!

Can't wait to get there!!!

Was there last week, was a LITTLE slow, but not too bad, I would imagine things will be picking up soon.
We fished anywhere from 8 to 22 ft. pulling bottem bouncers and crawler harness, blue or pink seem to be the ticket, atleast the day we were out. As far as panfish, you'll usually get the perch too, when chasing wallys, may even run into some bigger ones like we did, they weren't jumbos but decent keeper size if you want perch too.

Oh ya, and dont forget about pulling cranks in the shallows, not sure the nest time right now, but I usually do it towrds evening. Number 11 rapalas are what I usually use, but heard others saying the 5's and i think 7's are doing good.

[This message has been edited by Dano2 (edited 08-27-2003).]

Ben on OTL a couple/three times this summer. Working the deeper edges and fingers off the flats/humps during the day with lindy rigs and 6 foot snells w/#4 hooks and jumbo leeches has produced some nice fish. That was in 15-22 feet. Using a flourocarbon snell seemed to help. Biggest 'eye this summer there was a 22. It's gonna cool off alot in the next two days. It will be interesting to see what that does to the bite. I plan on hitting the lake at least once this coming weekend........T

Thanks for the info guys! We had a great time there early June when staying at the Three Seasons. Caught lots of fish, and made some great new friends. Biggest eyes were 22.5 and 20, and caught a few eaters in the 16-19 range. Also got to view the weigh in of the walleye tourney held that week, learned a lot and that was a real cool experience - my son nearly had heart failure when all of the boats took off from the shore as we were anchored smack dab in the view of the start, but still quite a ways out from shore. Was kind of cool watching everyone head to their destinations. Will be up early Friday morning with my 16 year old son, and he is just about ready to jump out of his skin, having been there already. He went out for a day with Ross Hagemeister and had a blast and caught some really nice eyes, so he is fired up and excited to try his new found knowledge. TBone, if you are inclined, and are able to pin point a day you'll be there, it would be great to meet you. Here is my email: [email protected]

Dano, felt bad leaving you out, especially after your kind reply. Hey, if you're gonna be out over the weekend, drop a line too. Would be great to meet you as well.

Thanks and have a safe holiday weekend!

castaway
If you get a chance to fish at night,do it.Saturday night between 9 and 11 I released 4 fish over 20".I like to use the original floating minnow #7 or #9 in 7'-9' of water.I use 6lb. fireline so the lure travels deeper than using mono.If it's cloudy in the morning this may work too.I'm driving up again this weekend.I've only missed three weekends since opener.If you are by Ken's Tackle, stop in, buy some bait and ask for a little advice and he will be glad to help