• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Well, we were told a couple weeks ago when checking out that Jungle Shores has become yet another resort on BP that has been sold to tear down and build condos.. Leonards met the same fate and it seems I remember that Big Pine Resort only does yearly rentals now.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for accurate info on just what resorts are still open on Big Pine? I want to get some reservations for this fall yet as well as next August and figure I'd better get hopping!! I've found several listings on the web, but they include resorts that I know are no longer open.. Any and all info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Man.. Lake life is getting to be for the rich! Sad to see jungle shores go. It wasnt fancy but it was a roof over your head. Too bad the land is worth waaayyyy more than you could make with it in a lifetime of resorting. Heres whats left.
Golden Eagle campground
Pair a dice resort, currently for sale last I heard
Regenbue Haven, nice place, three cabins kinda small but well kept, I'm sure this one will be up for sale in a couple years too.
Sunshine resort was in the process of being divided up last year, thats probably gone now too.
I think you stayed at whispering pines last trip didnt ya smitty?? Thats probably the last of the decent family resorts left on the lake..Sad
Paul

------------------
Paul Rohweller
Pine to Prairie Guide Service
218-962-3387
N.P.A.A. 425
http://fishingminnesota.com/pinetoprairie

Thanks Paul, it sounds like our choices are getting slimmer. I wondered about Sunshine since I found a Realtor site on the web listing cabins for sale at a "Sunshine complex". Looks like they're basically selling them all off.
When we go in August we have 3 families so a couple 3-bedroom cabins are usually needed, which it sounds like now limits me to Whispering Pines. Dad and I have stayed there the last couple years in the fall and they've fixed it up a lot. However, it sold last year and I think the new owner has taken 4 cabins out of service for "personal use". That certainly means fewer cabins so it's hard to get reservations during the summer months and the rates for the remaining cabins are a fair amount higher than the other resorts on the lake.
I love fishing Big Pine and based on our week there this month (LOTS of 9-12" fish)there is going to be some fantastic fishing there in a couple years. Unfortunately it's looking like there may be no places to stay on the lake by then.. :-(

Any other area lakes you'd like to recommend for a family outing (ie.. my wife doesn't like big waves!!!)??

Are you guys referring "Sunshine" to Sunset Beach Resort? I think that was the name of it. A friend and I stayed their last year during our LETS tourney. A nice older lady ran the place on her own, cleaning cabins etc.. and the place was beautiful and spotless!

Too bad to hear all these resorts becoming condos these days! Geez!

Look at what they want to do to Dead Lake! Arggg... mad.gif

I think those are 2 different places. I stayed at Sunshine Resort (I think that's which one it was) a couple years ago. It was run by a guy named Bob at that time and then was bought by one of the folks who had a seasonal campsite there. He must now be selling it piece by piece.

I'm not sure where Sunset Beach is at, but I may give them a call to check it out.

Thanks

Do a search under Perham Chamber of Commerce or something like that. That's how I found it. Sunset Beach is on the eastern shoreline, north of the big point on the lake. Very nice place and she had 3 campsites too with power and water.

OOPS! forgot about sunset beach and big pine getaway..I think sunset beach is on the shoreline where you caught that 8 pounder a year or two ago, big pine getaway is straight north of sunshine on the east end of the lake..
Your wife dont like big waves either? I had mine up on lake of the woods a few years ago it was so rough she wouldnt sit in her seat, prefered the floor, honest 5 footers... She still fishes tho! lolol Maybe its time to try a new lake out for size? I think you'd like lida.....Paul

------------------
Paul Rohweller
218-962-3387
N.P.A.A. 425

Thanks guys, I'll give those a try as well. I'm probably coming up sometime in September to take Dad on our annual fall weekend trip, so maybe I'll check out these places in person.

Hey Paul, I'm always open to new lakes. Any suggestions on resorts on Lida? I thought about Ottertail, but it might get a little rough for my wife's liking.. Besides, this would give me a great reason to come up earlier in the year to "prefish" before taking the family!! Of course I'd have to find a good guide to show me the lay of the land (or water)... :-)

Smitty, I bumped up an old but updated post over in the detroit lakes/pelican rapids forum called lida questions. All your phone numbers are there. Drop me an email and I'll rate them for you, the +&- thing, most are pretty decent, if I had your address for you I'd drop you (or anyone else that wants one)the pelican rapids chamber catalog with all the good stuff..Helps a little bit to be a member of the chamber:-). Just holler when your ready!! Paul

------------------
Paul Rohweller
218-962-3387
N.P.A.A. 425

Hi Smitty

I too was "kicked out" of Jungle Shores. It wasn't the cleanest place. But for our group it was perfect. We spend 99.9% of our time on the water or just sitting in lawn chairs getting some sun. All we really needed the cabins for is some where to sleep and prices were good too.

If you want to stay on Big Pine, Try Big Pine resort it is on the NE side of the lake.Way to the east.

I wish we could go back to the same little dumpy resorts that there used to be.

Try CharMac on little Pine, if all else falls through.

I didn't think Big Pine Resort was open for rentals any more. Dad and I stayed there about 3 years ago in the fall and I thought they had said they were going to seasonal rentals only.

Can anyone confirm?

Thanks