Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Jigging Bob

Geese Problems

Jigging Bob

My neighbors & I have been having a serious problem with geese thinking our beaches are porta-potties at night time. If anyone has any ideas on getting these birds from pooping on our beaches please help us out. The only other idea is bringing out the firing squad & having a very large goose dinner. But I think we can figure something out less brutal. Thanks in advance

Gissert

Well, I've had good luck with firecrackers and bottle rockets.

We have also let the grass and cattails grow tall along most of our lakeshore. The geese don't like to walk through that stuff.

Nothing like having 50 geese poop all over your place. I agree with Gissert........Pop bottle rockets fired in their general direction a couple of times will discourage them from coming back for awhile. I had it bad yesterday. They not only pooped on the shore by the beach, but all over in the water there, all over the docks and since I left the door open on the pontoon, they pooped in there too!

FISH AWAY

I Heard that if you take string of some sort and run it from one side of the beach to the other about 6" high that the geese will not go over it or under and will eventually go away. Just an idea to try.It would help eliminate all the side dishs and drinks that would go with a big goose dinner.

Fish away has a good point, however you might be stumbling on that string. A lot of lakeshore owners use this technique and it seems to work well.
I'd rather shoot bottle rocks, but what would the CO say about that Gissert?? I'm sure you know the answer. smile.gif

Finlander

Early Canada goose season open September 6th and I would be more than happy to rid you of you problem. That would keep them away. Do you like roast goose?

------------------
F-STOP

Dano2

Hey, count me in too, HEHE

Jigging Bob

We have tried the bottle rocket things but they still come back just at a later time when we are sleeping. I have heard the string across the beach does work but you do end up tripping on these after a late night of fishing. Here is one I just heard about but have not tried yet. Get white plastic grocery baggs and put them on steaks around the yard and let them sort of hang on the steak. I guess the geese think they are swans and stay away. I guess I really didn't know geese didn't like swans. Learn something new every day I guess. Hope this one works.

Paul Rohweller

Maybe you could convince the dnr to give you a permit to eradicate these unwanted houseguests? I know a low strung electric fence works well also but like the string thing it would be a pain in the dark..I can think of one way to do it but its best not mentioned here! lolol.. Paul

castagain

Not to be a smarty-pants, but I am surprised no one mentioned man's best friend! I have several friends in the golf course business and down south, they have implemented the use of dogs to chase them away. Sooner than later, the geese forego the area to avoid the dog. If you don't have a dog, borrow on for a while or consider some type of statuary, owl or dog, or at least something they may recognize as a predator of sorts. Another thing to try is to use an air horn as they lite in to the beach...right as they are coming in, give em a couple of blasts and shoo em off. If all else fails...put your grill on the beach...sorry, that was smarty-pants, but had to say it! Best of luck!

You can shoot crows if "they are about to do damage" right? Why not geese if "they are about to poop?" Heh heh!

deacon

It is great humor reading all of this. Maybe you could get a mechanical bull and set it up on the beach, I'll bet it would keep the geese away and be great entertainment.

Dano2

ecspecially if you had one of those hot babes riding on it

deacon

Great idea how about two hot babes with lassos! HEE HEE

Jigging Bob

Throw in some Kegs of beer, couple sets of twins that happen to be models and a pool full of baby oil. That sounds like one hell of a idea to keep the geese off the beach. I wish that I could get your guys plan to work. With this kind of thinking we could rule the world or at least be the happiest people in the world. Ha HA