• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

My family will be staying on West Battle July 12-19th at Sand Bay. We like to catch fish. In other words, I like to catch bass, panfish and if a walleye gets on my line great. I would like my boys to get into north country fishing like I am. Any tips on where to try or who to contact?

Check at bens bait in battle lake great bait ,bens not in much but his wife works there alot and could proably turn you in the right direction. on a side note check out the bakery on the main drag in town great stuff.

The lake looks like there is lots of structure but almost too much. I will try the doughnuts but what about the lake? Shallow or deep? Walleye, northern or bass? Perch or crappie? Best bet for kids would be? Please help.

Do you have a boat mojo? Are you using the resort's boats or bringing your own?

The key to finding the bass and sunfish right now, you need electronics. These fish are deep in the weeds.

I found walleyes in 23-28 feet of water on the structure. There is a lot of structure out there, just keep moving around until you find active fish.

I'd be happy to show you around the lake when you're up. I'll be out there fishing now that most of my projects are getting completed!

I stayed at Sand Bay once - see if you can get Wade to give up the location of his favorite hump out in the lake!

Other than that, there's a big hole just off the end of the resort docks - and there are a few other spots too with good humps and such. The bait shop should help. If you're looking for sunnies, etc, I would imagine the area around the shallow bay on the far end of the lake from Sand Bay would be good - I've seen Wade the owner post a few reports on crappie fishing in that area too.

Thanks guys
We will be using the resort boat. What about northerns or bass? And how user friendly is this lake? I would like to meet up with anyone that would like to show me around. We are on a limited budget but want to get into some fish. The map looks like we should be able to stay on our side of the lake and have plenty of structure to fish. Is this correct?
Thanks again
Mojo