Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .

Shwangman

Leaving for OT Saturday to spend a week enjoying that beauiful lake. I have fished for over 30 years and I have found a lake that I love to fish and if I was told that Ottertail was the only lake I could only fish forever, I would not be disappointed!! I see rain is in the forecast and I have gotten reports that the fishing has not been good but as they say, a bad day at work, is a good day on the water.

Dano2

Or, how about a bad day on the lake is better than a good day at work

yourresort

The Hatch is Over!

Fishing reports may have been down for the last week, this is mostly due to a late, but quite significant May Fly Hatch. It has now finished and the fish are found to be getting hungry again.

We have our beach raked up as 5-10 of the shore was covered this past Tuesday. With all that food, it has to change the feeding habits.

Even through the hatch though, our fish gut freezer continues to pile up. Even with all those flies, the walleye still prefer a minnow, crawler or leach if they can find one.

------------------
Paul Ness
Three Seasons Lodge on Otter Tail Lake

Shwangman

Thanks for the report now if the weather cooperates it should be a great week of fishing.

fishlakeman

Hows the bite been on OT? What depths are they catching them in right now. Is the mayfly hatch still effecting the fishing out there?

Shwangman

The Walleye fishing was really bad. The storms that they had up there last week did noting fopr fishing and all the dead mayflies on top of the water did not help. Ender up with 26 for the week with the largest being about 5 which was release to grow to 10. Used leaches from 8 to 18 with a fairly long snell.

boatsot

the fishing has be great this last week lot of good fish to get them OT fish right now you have to fish where the fish are and that is DEEP and slow GOOD LUCK

fishlakeman

I had a great time on OT over the 4th of July weekend! I expected fishing to be horrible when I arrived at my cabin: mayflies everywhere, sunny weather, and previous inconsistent weather patterns. I ended up with 12 eyes while only fishing about 2 hours on sat and 2 hours on sunday. The best part was that on sunday, the 4 eyes I caught were between 19 and 21 inches. What QUALITY fish!!! I released the two bigest ones, I would have released all of them but I needed 2 more fish the pair up with the 2 - 15 inchers I caught the day before to make a meal for my family

Bluejay Bait

Glad someone got into the walleyes. We night trolled on 2 evenings over the wknd, but it was slow go. Usually we land about 10-15 eyes but we were limited to 3 each night. Anyone else seeing this trend?? The nite bite doesn't seem the same this year. BB