Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .

My buddy has a place on West Battle and we decided to fish the muskies very hard this summer. Muskies are fairly new to me, so if any of you can give me some spots, baits, presentation tips or typical structure to fish, it would be greatly appreciated.

Remember CPR Catch Photo and Release

Thanks guys

Resorter

hey Topwater.. I have found the bay east of South Point is good for a starting place...troll back and forth from point to in front of the log cabin...also the reeds east of Sand Bay Resort can be good oh yeah and right the drop off in front of the resort too.. good luck... use bucktails!! tight lines

I have heard that right in front of the city of Battle Lake is good, but people tend to only get follows. I had a hard time believing those fish hit less often than the others in the lake. Also I heard the weed line is deep due to the great water clarity. How deep do those weeds go, how deep to troll?

Resorter

Yeah that is in front of the resort.. yeah it does seem they get alot of follows.. but I have gone out there and caught a few withing a few casts..if I get a follow it work the figure eight for quite awhile.. then if that doesn't work I throw something different out.. sometimes that makes them strike.. about the depth...not sure.. except that I have caught a few while walleye trolling...so that might give ya an idea..usually loose them when the line breaks...LOL...I usually troll with a black and orange bucktail.. so doubt that goes down very far for depth..good luck.. tight lines

Scoot

I'd suggest getting ahold of bucktail. He's guiding for muskie on the lake this summer. You may greatly increase your learning curve by going out with him for a day. Snoop around on the muskie forum or the D.L. forum-he's pretty active on the sight (I'm suprised he hasn't seen your post already). I've talked with him offline and he seems very knowledgable- it'd be money well spent hiring him for a day or two.
Scoot

bucktail

topwater
I can help you out with any info.The muskies have been really active out there the past week, big boys too.
jmerickel19@yahoo.com

Bucktail,
Did I see you out there yesterday evening with another guy in a Lund? Just curious.

I haven't tried for skis yet, I really need to get moving on that!

I believe this was an older Lund I saw w/ a tiller. Two guys were the boat (don't recall the cowboy hat), and I could swear as I was trolling away, the guy in the back of the boat looked like he had a fish on as I saw a large splash. This was about 7:00 o'clock or so Sunday evening.
I won't say where I saw this, don't want to give any secrets away wink.gif I'm heading there tonight as I caught lots of fish there Sunday, and this time I'll try skis for once.

Maybe see ya around.

bucktail

CD
Yeah that was me. I had two fish on that night. Both jumped and sp[it the hook at me. I couldn't believe it one was 25lb plus. I fish in a red lund explorer and am usually wearing a brimmed cowboy hat. Yell at me next time if i am around you.

currdogg5

Hey there, the guy you saw with the older lund was prolly me. Bucktail and i usually fish west battle together but that night we happened to be in different boats. He drives a pretty new red lund, mine is older with a black merc tiller. Muskies been going nuts out there lately. Tight Lines TC

I've seen all you guys working that area, almost at the same time! I have a tan Alumacraft T-Pro. I haven't seen a muskie yet, but haven't spent much time on them either. See ya around!

Mark Christianson

OK,
Bucktail, whats your email address. Might be time to finally get out on West Battle for muskies for myself.

Mark Christianson

Anybody know how to get in touch with Bucktail?

currdogg5

Bucktail is a great buddy he and i fish together all the time for muskies. His phone number is 218 367 2853 and my number is 218 639 1948 if you wanna talk muskies on west battle. We have spent lots of hours out there so far this summer and found some great new spots. Give us a ring. Tight Lines TC

Mark Christianson

Do either of you ever fish East Battle?

Mark Christianson

Not for muskies I mean. Do you ever get over to East Battle to fish other species?

mtrue68

I'm heading up to W. Battle this weekend what baits are working for Muskies and what are some good locations? I know the lake very well just haven't put the time in for Muskies.

mtrue68

What is the Muskie bite like now? What type of lure has been working and what are some good locations? I know the lake well just haven't put the time in for Muskies.

mtrue68

What is the Muskie bite like now? What type of lure has been working and what are some good locations? I know the lake well just haven't put the time in for Muskies.