• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

My buddy has a place on West Battle and we decided to fish the muskies very hard this summer. Muskies are fairly new to me, so if any of you can give me some spots, baits, presentation tips or typical structure to fish, it would be greatly appreciated.

Remember CPR Catch Photo and Release

Thanks guys

hey Topwater.. I have found the bay east of South Point is good for a starting place...troll back and forth from point to in front of the log cabin...also the reeds east of Sand Bay Resort can be good oh yeah and right the drop off in front of the resort too.. good luck... use bucktails!! tight lines

I have heard that right in front of the city of Battle Lake is good, but people tend to only get follows. I had a hard time believing those fish hit less often than the others in the lake. Also I heard the weed line is deep due to the great water clarity. How deep do those weeds go, how deep to troll?

Yeah that is in front of the resort.. yeah it does seem they get alot of follows.. but I have gone out there and caught a few withing a few casts..if I get a follow it work the figure eight for quite awhile.. then if that doesn't work I throw something different out.. sometimes that makes them strike.. about the depth...not sure.. except that I have caught a few while walleye trolling...so that might give ya an idea..usually loose them when the line breaks...LOL...I usually troll with a black and orange bucktail.. so doubt that goes down very far for depth..good luck.. tight lines

I'd suggest getting ahold of bucktail. He's guiding for muskie on the lake this summer. You may greatly increase your learning curve by going out with him for a day. Snoop around on the muskie forum or the D.L. forum-he's pretty active on the sight (I'm suprised he hasn't seen your post already). I've talked with him offline and he seems very knowledgable- it'd be money well spent hiring him for a day or two.
Scoot

Bucktail,
Did I see you out there yesterday evening with another guy in a Lund? Just curious.

I haven't tried for skis yet, I really need to get moving on that!

I believe this was an older Lund I saw w/ a tiller. Two guys were the boat (don't recall the cowboy hat), and I could swear as I was trolling away, the guy in the back of the boat looked like he had a fish on as I saw a large splash. This was about 7:00 o'clock or so Sunday evening.
I won't say where I saw this, don't want to give any secrets away wink.gif I'm heading there tonight as I caught lots of fish there Sunday, and this time I'll try skis for once.

Maybe see ya around.

CD
Yeah that was me. I had two fish on that night. Both jumped and sp[it the hook at me. I couldn't believe it one was 25lb plus. I fish in a red lund explorer and am usually wearing a brimmed cowboy hat. Yell at me next time if i am around you.

Hey there, the guy you saw with the older lund was prolly me. Bucktail and i usually fish west battle together but that night we happened to be in different boats. He drives a pretty new red lund, mine is older with a black merc tiller. Muskies been going nuts out there lately. Tight Lines TC

I've seen all you guys working that area, almost at the same time! I have a tan Alumacraft T-Pro. I haven't seen a muskie yet, but haven't spent much time on them either. See ya around!

OK,
Bucktail, whats your email address. Might be time to finally get out on West Battle for muskies for myself.

Anybody know how to get in touch with Bucktail?

Bucktail is a great buddy he and i fish together all the time for muskies. His phone number is 218 367 2853 and my number is 218 639 1948 if you wanna talk muskies on west battle. We have spent lots of hours out there so far this summer and found some great new spots. Give us a ring. Tight Lines TC

Do either of you ever fish East Battle?

Not for muskies I mean. Do you ever get over to East Battle to fish other species?

• 4 weeks later...

I'm heading up to W. Battle this weekend what baits are working for Muskies and what are some good locations? I know the lake very well just haven't put the time in for Muskies.

What is the Muskie bite like now? What type of lure has been working and what are some good locations? I know the lake well just haven't put the time in for Muskies.

What is the Muskie bite like now? What type of lure has been working and what are some good locations? I know the lake well just haven't put the time in for Muskies.