Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Rigging Guy

Big Pine Tournement

Rigging Guy

How many of you that fished the Barrel of Fun Tourny feel that the way they were checking the fish length was cheezy?How come some fish that were in the grey area made it and some did not?It is funny that with all the corporate sponsership that is being dished out that the people that put it on could afford a quality ruler like the Judge fish ruler.I think next year they better get something better than a piece of plexi glass with some tape on it to measure fish.The rule book needs some changing also.For example their is nothing that says if a fish is in the 18-26 inch slot that the team should be disqualified.Im talking a fish that might be less than 1/16 over the taped line or under a 1/16 from 26 inches.This is why a good quality Tournement needs to have a good quality ruler so people have no doubt in there mind that the measurement is good.This tournement needs some serious help before they lose some corporate sponserships.Lets hear what you have to say?

Dave B

I think that my buddy got second-he had no complaints.

I fished the BOF tourney for several years. I has always been a more relaxed, fun tourney. This is the first year that it wasnt a straight 15"+ rules-maybe they will realize that there were some problems and make some changes for next year.

Rigging Guy

I have had no problems in the past.I beleive that they are going to have to invest some of the money they take in and spend it on some good quality rulers to hand out to the contestants so they can all measure the same way.Example my ruler is store bought and correct to tape measure they handed out.When it was time to use their homemade plexi-glass thing they were different.So in my eyes the only way to solve this is to put the money back into the tournement and keep the confusion out.It only makes sense.I myself spent $200 or better to get ready for this tourney.I was one to get kicked out for having a fish less than a 1/16 inch over.Out of the five teams that DQ'd I did not get fined.I was not to happy to say the least.I had no intensions on trying to bring a fish in over 18 inches and have Dennis Lang write me a ticket and get DQ'd.That is just plain dumd for them to think that.Sometimes reasoning has to be played out.Instead they looked at me like I was criminal and kicked me out.The judgement call on their behalf cost me a top ten finish.I should not be happy with the way it was done.I am sure their is other people that feel the same.

zeek

Rig;
There is another tournament coming on Big Pine in a couple of weeks and was curious to some of the issues with the BOF tourny.

Was the game warden at the weigh in?
How tight do they pinch down the tails when measuring that 18" length?

Thanks

Rigging Guy

Yes Dennis Lang was the Game Warden overlooking the measuring of the fish.They do pinch the tails.You might want to ask them how exactly they plan to measure the fish and with what type of ruler.This would be helpful information.Ask them a question like if the top of the tail fin is out and the bottom part of the fin is in how is that to be scored.At the Barrel tourney mine was like that and they DQ'd me.Next time I will ask more questions like these at the meeting.Ask them if their ruler is approved by the DNR.They should have some answers for those questions.Hopefully with the information put out they can have a good fair and honest fishing contest.Have fun and make sure you ask some similar questions at the rules meeting before the tourney.Oh yeah the Dnr will fine you if you are in the 18-26 slot even thou it is a catch and release tourney.Good luck.Almost forgot they pinch the tails to get the longest measurement.Make sure you are there to watch them measure.

[This message has been edited by Rigging Guy (edited 06-14-2003).]

Dave B

If either part of the tail is over, that is an illegal fish. No question about it. If the ruler was legit, then you should have been DQ'd. Not trying to be a pr*ck, but why did you bring it to the scales. Was it your understanding that if only part of the tail was over, then it is a good fish???

Rigging Guy

I was using a store bought scale that I measured my fish in the boat with that showed that the fish was just short of the 18 inch rule.So I was sure that it would be ok.When I got to the weigh and measure part of tourney thats when I compaired rulers and found their's was different then mine.My fish was over on their homemade ruler.I would of never attempted to bring a fish in that I thought was not to going to make the 18 inch rule.They made the right call on the fish being over but their ruler needs to be updated to a good quality ruler like the Judge.I am just mad that the guy weighing and measuring the fish was not very understanding.He looked at me like I was a intensionally breaking the law.Remember weight is the key to winning a tournement,so a accurate scale is needed to keep everything in check.Maybe the Kelly's Tournement will have a better ruler.As far as Barrel of Fun goes I will be back next year to fish it again.

Mark Christianson

DaveB
If you have a fish that has one lobe of the tail that makes the minimum, and the other lobe is shorter; that is an illegal fish?
I guess I never thought about it. So a fish that has worn part of their tail off when fanning beds would be illegal to keep if that bottom lobe did not make the minimum size?(I got a largemouth a few years ago that was missing about 1/4 of its tail from fanning beds I am guessing)

Mark Christianson

My mistake!!!
You are talking about a lobe of the tail that is over the maximum, then yes, I would agree totally with that.