Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

1st Please Post Your Fishing Report - Then Join the NEW - Private Fishing Report Clubs   01/24/2018

Private Fishing Report Clubs - Click Here - Post Your Fishing Report Before Joining
      1st, be sure you post a fishing report in the forums, then ask to join after you post a fishing report in your area forum. The Private Fishing Report Clubs are where folks can share private fishing information with club members who have proven they know what's going on. Fishing Report Clubs Link also in Menu above. Apply to become a member today, while it's still easy. 
  • RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

jt24

Coming up this weekend and was wondering how the walleye bite is on ottertail and if the crappies and sunfish are still in the shallows yet. Thanks for the info.

fished ottertail last weekend we did well group of 6 limited every day with decent 15 to 19 inchers relesed everything over 18 only 3 of those. good luck shiners worked best but leeches not far behind

Fished Ottertail all day Sunday....Cripes! It was a tough day out there. Flat as a pancake and lots of little bug bodies floating in the lake. A few (very few) smalleyes were caught but for the most part, a bust. Found some perch just off a reef a little southeast of Amor point on some weeds in 12 feet and kept a few jumbos for dinner.....It's not that the fish weren't found-we were marking them all day-they just weren't interested........T

jt24

So are the eyes still pretty much in the shallows or have they moved deeper? Is it to early for pulling crankbaits yet? Sorry for all the questions just havnt been up this early in a while. Thanks

floating minnow

Hey jt

I've been up the last 2 weekends and fishing has been very good.Saturday night between 9:45 and 10:15 PM I released my two largest Ottertail walleyes,both between 27 and 28 inches.They were in 7-8 feet and I was running a rapala floating minnow far behind the boat with fireline to get it down.It also worked well on Sunday night.I'm going to make the 200 mile drive again this weekend and would expect the fishing to continue to be very good.

Good fishing
Bruce

fishlakeman

Man! I can't believe how many pack fisherman there are on OT. I went to a spot I did well on two weeks ago last Saturday morning and got really ticked off. There was one boat on this relatively small structure when I arrived; over the next 2 hours 14 boats showed up! Can't people find there own d*** spot? People assume when they see a few boats in a spot the fishing is fast and furious, well before the boats arrived we caught 5 good eyes, after about 6 boats came fishing shut down.